Technical Can I use it again?

Currently reading:
Technical Can I use it again?

Right, im fitting a 1242 to my cinq over the next week or so. Im planning on replacing the rocker gasket (as pete suggests in the sticky) but I only just changed the gasket on my 1108. basicly only 2 weeks ago and have done probably around 100-150 miles on it. so would it be ok to reuse this one seen as its hardly been used? or do i need a new one?

Yeah..around £4 IIRC.

But may as well have the head off and check shim tolerances etc..

agreed they are inexpencive but £4 is still money and thats what i dont have alot of at the moment and I will need to buy a bunch of other gaskets aswell for when i change some other bits and bobs, still have to buy new plugs, oil filter, and all that sorta stuff. as well as oil, a few more tools, prob gonna rent out an engine hoist too etc.

so £4 makes all the difference :)

Its a fair point having said that...

But when I swapped my 1242 in, around half of the costs was service parts, like clutch, headset, cambelt tensioner, belts etc...plugs, fluids.. And my end costs was around £250-300..

which im very grateful of :)

I want to take the rocker off anyway and colour code it so will need to sort the gasket anyway.

oh btw dave,

i need a new sump gasket to replace the sump yes?

and whats the part called thhat im changing to make the alternator fixed cause i need the gasket for that and I dont know what the gasket will be called.

i need a new sump gasket to replace the sump yes? yep :)_

and whats the part called thhat im changing to make the alternator fixed cause i need the gasket for that and I dont know what the gasket will be called. no idea
:confused: say its the bit that holds the oil filter/ front engine plate they should get a pic up on the screen and you can point.
might be cheeper to get a full gasket set from a motor factor, and sell the gaskets you dont use on ff for a profit, or use the rest to fix head gasket on the 1.1,

also saw a 1.1 head going for £40 odd pound on ebay last night unskimed so if you dont fix old engine you could get a bit of money back that way (y)

£20 ish +VAT...

Just tell them its for a 96 Punto 60 (8v 1242) - They should get the picture. The actual year is relatively unimportant as AIUI, the gasket design is the same for all years...

Black stuff Dave?

thats probably the Fiat original stuff, which IME is much better than Instant gasket....
It sticks like glue unlike IG's half arsed effort...

Back