General Can I have Aux in - On Blue & Me

Currently reading:
General Can I have Aux in - On Blue & Me

Looking forward to hearing about this. Keep us updated!

Hi there,

I've just bought a 10 plate Punto Evo that I'm picking up tomorrow. Will be trying to figure out how to work everything, ideally, I'd like aux in, but it has B&M so not sure if this is possible. Would appreciate any help on the following:

How can you identify between the blue and yellow connectors before taking the unit out?

Can you see what version B&M runs? Does an update to the latest version allow aux to be installed without it switching off? Was trying to understand previous posts.

Thanks in advance and will keep you posted if I have any luck!

Afternoon all.

Looking at splicing my blue & me cable and adding an aux cable to it.

Got one main question though. The cables going into the iso are grey, black and green.

20160611_171229.jpg

The three colours on my aux cable are white, yellow and red.

Guessing the red goes with the black, does anyone know the way the other two colours tally up?

Can anyone advice is this is the correct way to go please: Shave the sheathing away from the black cable to expose the wire. In that space, twirl the red wire around it. Cover with insulating tape?

The three colours on my aux cable are white, yellow and red.

Guessing the red goes with the black, does anyone know the way the other two colours tally up?

In case you are still wondering, green on the ISO connector corresponds to red (right) and gray to white (left). Just recently did the same mod but luckily my head unit came correctly labeled

Thanks for the reply.

I gave up in the end. Ordered a new cable and just disconnected blue and me allowing me to have aux instead.

Would rather stream music from my phone then use the USB.

Another human here who spent hours trying to find a solution and yours worked. Many thanks!!!!! All the best

Thanks for the reply.

I gave up in the end. Ordered a new cable and just disconnected blue and me allowing me to have aux instead.

So you just removed the blue and me out the back and connected aux cable to it and it worked?

Thanks for the reply.

So u just removed blue & me and pluged aux cable, did it work?

Hi Stripes,

Today I just installed an AUX to my 59 plate GP fitted with B&M.
First off you need to check which model your radio is. If it's Blaupunkt, you need a cable with a blue ISO connector, if your radio isn't Blaupunkt then you need a cable with a yellow ISO connector.
You can get them on Amazon although they're cheaper on Ebay- just search 'Fiat punto AUX cord'. My one was about £4 if I remember correctly.
Installing the cable:

• Pull your radio out using the keys (locating holes are above and below the volume knob and the arrow pad)

• You should then see the leads for the power & speakers and the USB port on the left with the fuse and on the right you should see the aerial lead

• Take a look at the USB port leads, they should be connected to the side you want to put the AUX connector in

• Remove the ISO connector for the USB leads (take care, you need to push a little tab in to pull it out)

• Plug the ISO connector end of the AUX cord into the slot you've just emptied

• You can then route the cable around into the glovebox (I found it easier to push the ISO connector into the radio compartment from the glovebox)

• Making sure everything is properly plugged in, firmly push the radio back into the head unit and take the keys out

• Turn the ignition to the first notch, plug the AUX cord into your phone and select 'Media Player' from the B&M menu on the dash

• Select 'Folders' and then press play on your phone's music app

Your car should now play your phone's music!
It works with third party apps such as Spotify and youtube as well.
So u just replaced the usb leads with aux connector and it works?

It works! Thanks for posting this forum and all who participated.
The yellow iso socket is streaming in the analog signal from the blue & me box into the stereo.
So i also simply combined the aux cable into it, right channel with the right, left to left and earth to earth. So now basically there r two analog signals going into the stereo simultaneously, one from the blue and me and one from the aux.
To play from the aux, source sel20161210_175228.jpegected should be the Media Player on the player... u need to have a pendrive plugged in with a silent mp3 being played in the pendrive (created in Sony Sound Forge).20161210_175252.jpeg
USB also working...

Tried this with an '11 Punto Evo with B&M.

Got the yellow cable as per instructions earlier in the thread, but that is apparently the wrong cable even though I have a F199FL EUR stereo (build date 3510). I have ordered the blue cable

Attachments

• IMG_20200409_164714.jpg
    IMG_20200409_164714.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20200409_164721.jpg
    IMG_20200409_164721.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 154
Tried this with an '11 Punto Evo with B&M.

Got the yellow cable as per instructions earlier in the thread, but that is apparently the wrong cable even though I have a F199FL EUR stereo (build date 3510). I have ordered the blue cable
hi mzziaz, did the blue cable worked? if so can you share the link or name of the cable so I order please?

Back