Can i be done for Dangerous Driving

Currently reading:
Can i be done for Dangerous Driving

They have to warn you that they may prosecute within the first 14 days. After that they have 6 months to inform the courts, after which the courts may take several months to issue a summons.

The OP said he was breathalysed at the time. He would have been cautioned before that was done.
At the time of a breathalyser, a driver is advised about how to use the device in regard to being prosecuted if you don't use it properly, but, a formal caution is only given if the driver fails.
Normally, a driver would be advised at the scene, or within 14 days if a prosecution will, or may, be brought. If it is a straightfoward case, proceedings would usually start within 14 days, taking the form of a Form 172 which requests driver details or a Notice of Intended Prosecution Just about the only time a motoring offence may be brought after 6 months is if, for example, someone says they were driving to take the "fall" for someone else and are later found out. In which case you are probably talking about Perverting, or Attempting to pervert the course of justice which is a different kettle of fish altogether. Another case I can think of is where someone is injured, but later dies. This is when a charge may be changed from Dangerous Driving, to Causing Death by Dangerous Driving. None of which applies here.

At the time of a breathalyser, a driver is advised about how to use the device in regard to being prosecuted if you don't use it properly, but, a formal caution is only given if the driver fails.
Normally, a driver would be advised at the scene, or within 14 days if a prosecution will, or may, be brought. If it is a straightfoward case, proceedings would usually start within 14 days, taking the form of a Form 172 which requests driver details or a Notice of Intended Prosecution Just about the only time a motoring offence may be brought after 6 months is if, for example, someone says they were driving to take the "fall" for someone else and are later found out. In which case you are probably talking about Perverting, or Attempting to pervert the course of justice which is a different kettle of fish altogether. Another case I can think of is where someone is injured, but later dies. This is when a charge may be changed from Dangerous Driving, to Causing Death by Dangerous Driving. None of which applies here.

Yes i was breathalised in the Hospital and i failed that but passed it at the Police Station. After which they police gave me a lift home and on the way the Driver went around a corner too fast and almost lost controll of the car almost exactly the same as i did but he didnt hit a drain so i think this influenced there decision not to charge me further with dangerous driving. These things happen but they still Havnt fixed the drain in question so i may see if my insurance co can try and defer the claim against me to the council and try and get my excess £500 back. Its worth a try.

It just occurrred to me, and it's a bit naughty, but, if someone you know has a knackered front corner/wheel, they could drive into it then sue the council. You couldn't do it as you are already aware of its presence, but you could be the one who gives the information to the poor unfortunate victim about how long the pothole has been there.
Obviously you wouldn't be so devious as to become involved in such an outrageous scam.
Having said that, if the local council is so lazy and lacking in concern for the safety of their rate payers that they still haven't fixed it 7 months on, they deserve to be sued.

It just occurrred to me, and it's a bit naughty, but, if someone you know has a knackered front corner/wheel, they could drive into it then sue the council. You couldn't do it as you are already aware of its presence, but you could be the one who gives the information to the poor unfortunate victim about how long the pothole has been there.
Obviously you wouldn't be so devious as to become involved in such an outrageous scam.
Having said that, if the local council is so lazy and lacking in concern for the safety of their rate payers that they still haven't fixed it 7 months on, they deserve to be sued.

This is very true but if you did go over the drain hard enough to try and do as you say you would Flip out as i did as its not like hitting a huge hole but the corner has a serious Reverse camber and its on the brow of a hill so you slam into it as the car comes back down to earth so poss not too advisable.
Saw another car upside down in the same place and im sure that it has happened since and i know that it had happened before me. Funny thing is the Road Angle doesnt even recognise it as a black spot which is funny considering everytime you enter a new road it starts beeping at you.:confused:

This is very true but if you did go over the drain hard enough to try and do as you say you would Flip out as i did as its not like hitting a huge hole but the corner has a serious Reverse camber and its on the brow of a hill so you slam into it as the car comes back down to earth so poss not too advisable.
Saw another car upside down in the same place and im sure that it has happened since and i know that it had happened before me. Funny thing is the Road Angle doesnt even recognise it as a black spot which is funny considering everytime you enter a new road it starts beeping at you.:confused:
The above was posted with my tongue very firmly in my cheek.
You might like to try the BRAKE (Road Safety charity) website to see if they have any record of a series of crashes at that point. Also it might an idea to contact your local Police Road Policing Unit (R.P.U.), again they can be quite useful if they have records of collisions on that and surrounding roads. Phone the Police H.Q. and ask for the name of the Traffic Inspector and ring him direct. If you can get enough evidence, speak to your local councillor, and, if you are serious about improving the safety of these roads, which will, in turn avoid the need for the lower speed limits which will inevitably occur on these roads because that is the only way local councils think about road safety. Putting a lower speed limit on a road is a lot cheaper than resurfacing and filling in the holes.
Getting the council to take the condition of the roads seriously will improve safety, and, by keeping the speed limits up will also keep the fun level up too.

Back