General Can anyone tell me......

Currently reading:
General Can anyone tell me......

xsparky

...whether all Panda windscreen washer bottles are the same? I've got a feeling because of the bloody great headlamp washer bottle on the Sisley, it might have a different windscreen washer bottle. Every time I try and get on ePER to check it's clogged up.
Cheers,
Mike

Where does the headlamp washer bottle fix? Is it where expansion tank fits on the 903 series of engines?.....If so, then I'd have thought that they would keep them the same one and use the fire engine redundant kind of v groove at the side of the washer bottle for the headlamp washer bottle?....

I know the photo isnt great and my explaination is probably worse :eek: but you can see that the red pipe out of the radiator goes into a bottle to the side of washer bottle.

Thats my thought anyway, fiat kept the same one for all the range. Someone with a sisely and a normal mk2 will probably be able to tell for sure.

Si

Correct. All off the screen wash bottles in the mk2 Panda's are the same.

In the Sisley's, when looking at the engine bay, the screenwash bottle it towards the front of the car on the righr hand side, headlamp washer bottle is the same forwards position but on the left, and then above the headlamp washer bottle is the cooling system header/expansion tank.

Jon.

Dammit, photo wont attach. Well thats a bit annoying, maybe someone else can offer more insight. That was a poor attempt at help :eek:

PM -thanks for trying anyway!

The Sisley has a Headlamp washer bottle that's about three times the size of the windscreen one because it uses a more powerful pump.

Jon cheers (y)

:eek: That is an odd design decision I must say. Sure its not the other way round? :p Or did fiat plumb them in the wrong way round maybe. lol!

Si

What makes you say that then? Seems perfectly functional to me. Tbh the headlamp washer bottle has to be filled twice to every one fill of the screen wash bottle on average. lol.

It has to be a pretty powerful jet, because there aren't any wipers, so it's only the force of the water that clears the glass.
Mike

Back