General Can anyone recommend a good winter tyre?

Currently reading:
General Can anyone recommend a good winter tyre?

Oingo

It's time to treat the Sisley to a new set of tyres. As I'll be using her all through the winter, I think a set of winter tyres may be in order. At the moment the Pirellis (good tread but old tyres) seem to lose traction on wet roundabouts which is leading to some exciting sideways action.
So If anyone has a tyre brand that they can recommend to bring her back in line, the Wife would be very grateful.

Grass track rally tyres from greenway and at £11 each (y) did about 750 miles on them the other day and they were excellent.

If you zoom right in you can see they are a bit nobbly :cool:
P10101371.jpg

Last edited:
a new m&s tyre that sounds quite good

A warm and inviting smell tantalising your nostrils with every waft...
Gloriously crafted rubber nodules, hand carved to be a tactile sensation...
Tyre markings all hand painted to the very best standards....

Those are not just any tyres....those are M&S tyres....

New Toyo's All-Season Radial Tyre, VARIO-V2,has been developed to achieve improved tyre performance for wet,dry and winter condition.

its marked M&S but sounds good for ice and rain too, could be ideal for uk winters?
Vario-V2.jpg

also marked M&S
Winter High Performance The Snowprox S952 is an asymmetric winter high performance tyre designed for the driver that demands extra winter traction while maintaining the wet and dry traction of your summer and all-season performance tyres.
SNOWPROXS952.jpg

Last edited:
hi i like the sound of £11 each were they from greenway them self or from a tyre dealer thanks

Back