General Campervan written off

Currently reading:
General Campervan written off

Plymptonian

Hi. My daughters self-converted campervan was hit by a car and may be written off by her insurance company. The agreed insured value is £30k, though not registered as a motor caravan with the DVLA. If written off, can she remove fixtures and fittings to re-use, such as solar panel, fridge, Truma heater etc while retaining the basic items that the DVLA require for it to be considered a motor caravan I.E. fixed table, seats, cooker, storage etc?

If the insurance company is happy for you to keep the van, (and some do, some may let you ‘buy it back’ usually for scrap value, but some won’t let you anywhere near it and they sort disposal) then the ‘bits’ are yours to do whatever with…I’ve stripped bits off before now on write-offs, just declared scrapped

Hi. My daughters self-converted campervan was hit by a car and may be written off by her insurance company. The agreed insured value is £30k, though not registered as a motor caravan with the DVLA. If written off, can she remove fixtures and fittings to re-use, such as solar panel, fridge, Truma heater etc while retaining the basic items that the DVLA require for it to be considered a motor caravan I.E. fixed table, seats, cooker, storage etc?
This will be solely down to your insurance company the DVLA don't care about the contents for scrapping or insurance purposes

Back