CAMBELT PROBLEM

Currently reading:
CAMBELT PROBLEM

N

Notorious Al

Hi guy's

Bit of a long post but here we go.

Right about 2 weeks ago notice car (1.6 sx)started making nasty noise from where all the belts are...It's now got worse so tonight I decided to have a look. Started by checking the alt belt and power steering belt for tension, seemed fine so thought might be the actual rubber on the belt.

Decided to tip some water on the belts to see if that helped. Did that and the noise seemed to go nearly instantly so I thought right I found the problem it's the alt belt needs changing sweet!

Then I thought to myself sound more like its coming from the from of the belt bit where the cam belt is and that it sounds more like a bearing than a loose belt. So went back outside with water in had and found an opening right at the top of the cam belt cover and dripped a teaspoon of water and the noise went again but this time it disappeared for a lot longer.

When it came back I put my head next to the cam belt cover and it's definatly coming from inside it at the top.

So..........I was just wondering does anyone know of any known problems with bearings or rollers or any part of the cambelt system.

BTW MY CAR IS CURRENTLY ON 61,700MLS AND THE TIMING BELT, CAMBELT TENSIONER, AND ROLLER BEARING, WERE ALL CHANGED AT 51,000MLS - SO I'M PRETTY WORRIED IF IT'S GOING AFTER 11,000MLS

Any Other Useful suggestions - unfortunately i'm on a very tight budget (student and all) and can't really afford to have it diagnosed and fixed at a garage. Me and my haynes manual have to do it ourselves.

may be the bearings on ur cams and like tom said dont put water on the belts fool y do you think they ae in a plastic water tight housing!!!