Cambelt change - anyone recommend a WN8 garage?

Currently reading:
Cambelt change - anyone recommend a WN8 garage?

P

PB

Hi all,
Need a cambelt change for my BravA - anyone recommend a WN8 garage in the West Lancs area and priced right to go?
Thanx

PB

Re: Cambelt change: I found someone..... AOK

After many calls and silly quotes, I found someone today who was fantastic. Not only a good quote but done really fast.
I don't often recommend but after the service, this guys worth a mention.
If your in the Wigan, Leigh area with a Bravo/Brava, try the Thomson Local, Garages and call Tom at "Mobile Supertune". He does it outside your house or work. Cool....

He did it for £96quid, Cambelt and tensioner and in 1.5hrs. When others quoted £120-£150 and like 2-3.5 hrs.
He's also an 'ex Volvo' (yuk! or yummy!) mech.

Nice One.
(-:

PB

Re: Cambelt change: I found someone..... AOK

I had my cambelt belt and auxillary belt changed and cambelt tensioner for £105.75 all in on my JTD. These are just labour costs. My previous Bravo 115 16V (1.8) they changed the same parts and labour was £60 +VAT the year before.

I supplied them with genuine Fiat parts i.e belts, tensioner.

They are based in Bolton, not the nicest looking garage in the world, but they have done alot of cambelts on Fiat Bravo's and i can't fault them.

Joske

Cambelt change.......comparible service prices

That's nice to know.
This guy's price was parts and labour all in for £96quid. Which although I hate paying out cash, I thought was reasonable. So a target price rate for other forum group users here.

Other geezers I spoke to said they needed 'special' tools which cost £100quid.
Tom had done a Brava last week. Plus I called him Sat and he said he could fit into his diary Monday, which was cool as needed the wheels for work like 'yesterday'.
The parts used are branded "Gates - Powergrip Kit".
The 95k Brava rubber cambelt was quite worn with cracks running across the width. So it was time.

(Note: that this is not the first cambelt change, but I have no service history!).

(-:

PB

Re: Cambelt change.......comparible service prices

i have used tom before for oil changes and brakes work. he has reasonable prices and alwys available when you need him to come. used him on my renault 19 and also this bravo hlx.

ade
i'm in the WN2 area, just by leigh

That makes two happy customers then........

That makes two happy customers then
(-:

Tom from Ashton, says he's plannin' on getting a garage, so good luck to him. I found him sincere and keen on doing a good job, not often found me thinks in the lower car service market, or maybe it's just me thats' always been stitched up on my car services?

Nice keyfobs too.
(-:

PB
WN8

Re: That makes two happy customers then........

and I'm in WN4 :)

Re: That makes two happy customers then........

that will do for me aswell seein as my cambelts due for a change!

kevtag.jpg

Cambelt Change

Just a quick question, once you have had your camblet change at the recommended 72k etc or 5 years, is it then ok for another 72k in theory?Not i would let it get that close!