Calling all diet and fitness freaks

Currently reading:
Calling all diet and fitness freaks

Hmmmmmm, dairy products can be bad for fats and 'bad' meats such as bacon and sausages will be out. Buy the leanest meat you can afford and trim and drain it well. Herbs and spices can be fab for making things tasty, invest in a good selection. Have you got enzyme top-ups from your doc as well? Cook from fresh as much as you can, simple stuff can be best, like the pasta you've had or rice or noodles with chopped veg and a little bit of meat - which can also be done cold to take to work. Or jacket potatoes are easy enough :) As for sorting a sweet tooth, I find dark choc works well as you don't need much to fill you up. Which reminds me, watch your sugar intake as well (presume they told you this) as your pancreas also produces insulin, which regulates blood sugar.

Hope this gives you some ideas (and wish I could practice what I preach!) :)

Not sure on what has been wrong with you, but 20g / day sounds almost dangerously low.

Whilst dieting for my holiday I'd been taking in well over 100g / day.

I would stick to whole foods and prepare it yourself, takes 5 minutes more and is far better than any packaged crap as you know what's gone in it.

Turkey, chicken, tuna & haddock are good sources of low fat protein, so look at adding certain spices to them to, err, spice them up a bit.

Get to the shops and stock up on Schwartzs (sp?) peri peri, dried mixed herbs, etc. and you're laughing.

Carb sources - rice, pasta and spuds are all low fat and can be eaten cold.

ones i eat say, stuff like only 3% fat in big flash on the front.

Many dishes are like this but they have high sugar content which turns to fat so watch out.

@ Nyx, sounds like pancreaitis (sp:eek: ) which is very serious but quite hard to treat, hope you get well soon.

Liam

Many dishes are like this but they have high sugar content which turns to fat so watch out.

@ Nyx, sounds like pancreaitis (sp:eek: ) which is very serious but quite hard to treat, hope you get well soon.

Liam

thanks liam

yup thats what they saying it is altho they cant seem to pin point whats caused it :( next is to find out how much damage has been done. i`ve been told as little as poss, as i dont really wanna no. My dad looked it up and it really upset him, and he`s hard as nails. Did have a lil chat with consultant about it, but it just scared the hell outa me.

been a rough few weeks really and 5 scans on they still not sure.

been living of pain killers.

The chilli was yum!!! and only 5 grams of fat!!! was a little hot tho.

Helz... went shopping last night and got all the mega lean meat, we tend to have lean anyway. you get some funny looks when u actually look at stuff in the supermarket rather than just throw it in.

Another tip is to boil meats too, this can often lead to more tender tasty stuff.

My Sis had the same bother, don't know the full story of her recovery but she looked mega no well on that hospital bed.

Chin up!

Liam

im not really a soup person he he end up with more down me than in me

the spicey pork went down well last night, and the fat free choc cake was super yum!!! will defo be making more of that me thinks.

Had my first day out in weeks today. saw the delights of Chatham for the first time. super tired so will be resting till stanford now, missed mitcar, no way we missing stanford to!!!

im not really a soup person he he end up with more down me than in me

the spicey pork went down well last night, and the fat free choc cake was super yum!!! will defo be making more of that me thinks.

Had my first day out in weeks today. saw the delights of Chatham for the first time. super tired so will be resting till stanford now, missed mitcar, no way we missing stanford to!!!

how about the likes of Cassoulet?

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=59772

can make it with low fat meats and avoid any meats like the Toulouse sausages in classic recipes

compare the above to the fat in a classic recipe

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/theultimatecassoulet_10880.shtml

one of my fave of all time dishes

he he me to, love it. good hearty meal, to fill ya boots.

having it tonight actually :)

james`s mum made us one last week, week before cant remember and it had about 5 grams of fat in, but was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo tasty

What about investing in a George Foreman grill? Can cook chicken veg and all sorts in it and anything that has a hint of fat drips out the bottom :D. makes everything super yummy n succulent to.

Hay xx

veg? :yuck:

yeah we already got one, they pretty good for most things.

we use to do panini`s in it, they was mega yum, but alas to much fat in them for me these days

Back