Calling all diet and fitness freaks

Currently reading:
Calling all diet and fitness freaks

Nyx

Established member
I`ve been a very poorly girl over the past few weeks, even had the pleasure of staying at "hotel de NHS"

I have to reduce my fat intake from the recommened 70g a day down to around 20g a day.

So for the past few weeks i`ve had a very boring bland diet.

As there are alot of girls on the forum there must be a few "dieters" , so i was wondering if anyone had tasty low fat recipes they could pass on.

Ive had a look round the net, but nothing grabbed my attention, plus it could turn out to be grim.

Thanks in Advance

Ally x x

pretty much been living off pasta and rice. Altho cant have olive oil, to much fat in it.

Having a go at a low fat chilli tonight.

Cant eat boring forever, need to spice things up a bit.

oh and the other prob is i hate veg :(

Not allowed any fats? Not even healty ones?

Can make all sorts of stir-fry's with tiny amounts of oil in a teflon or heavy wok. They're pretty healthy and tasty to boot.

Not sure if you're into curry's but many of them can be made quite healthily.

nope, not even the good ones at the min, which sucks ass big time cos i proper love fish :(

Curry isnt a bad idea! i`ll have to have a look into that one.

Think its just finding my feet, i have managed to find a fat free choc cake so me and my fella gonna be making that tonight, as he`s gone fat ish free to lol

Good thing is i can eat all the jelly i want lol no fat but loaded with sugar im sure!

2 out of my 3 daily meals are always the same thing, 4 slices of dry bread and 2 slices of wafer thin chicken or turkey. its bland, well ok its tasteless, but its low fat and filling and once you train your brain to like it you dont need anything else. i sometimes spice things up with a bowl of cereal (shreddies or cornflakes) to give my tastebuds a surprise.

the word diet describes what you eat, everyone has a diet, in fact every living thing has a diet. many people will say "i am on a diet" when they mean they are on a reduced fat diet in comparison to their usual diet. thats a common mistake, and you'd lose marks in an A level biology exam, but more importantly it drives me mental :)
you are on a diet no matter what you eat, even if its lard pasties 15 times a day. most importantly of all, if you need to lose weight and keep it off you need to adjust your diet permanently, you dont go on a reduced fat diet to shed a few pounds, you need to change your lifestyle forever if you want to see a change.

Last edited:
im sorry but that would drive me mad. same thing twice a day everyday, need more range in your diet.

Im not really a fan of bread anyway, but did find that the "eat smart" melba toast has only 0.5g in 6 slices.

My mum refuses to let me eat the same boring rubbish each day, and my fellas mum, they both been great trying to make things interesting for me.

Some of the vegi stuff has been good. But know im eating more i prefer to cook from scratch hence asking for recipes anyone may have hidden away

ha ha thats kinda cool.

but cookie cutters would be better, bear shapes and stuff :D

the likes of mens health magazine
http://www.menshealth.com/cda/topic...th&channel=nutrition&category=diet.strategies

do recipes with fat,calories etc
however on 20g per day oyur really gonna struggle im afraid.thats very low.i would recommend going with herbs and spices to try and jazz up your food as you dont have much room to add flavoursome ingredients.

can i ask is it weight loss or another health issue causing oyu to adhere ot the low fat intake? if its too personal just tell me to mind my own buisness ;)

lol not much room to play at all really custard, tho i can eat that hehehe

i got rushed into hopsital a few weeks back, having problems with my pancreas, had lots of scans and things, but they still not sure whats going on, so got to cut fat down big time as it can irritate it, or so im told. but then again i was in so much pain if they told me that living off carrot sticks would make it better i would.

Some of the vegi stuff is higher fat content than the normal meat options, so you have to check them. When you start looking its shocling how much rubbish is in what we eat

found one already. thanks for that custard :D

the fillets and stuff ok. think sauages have a lot in. the ready meals have a stack in

we found some nice ones, had peppers in but cant think how ,makes them.

off to make our low fat chilli now, and making the fat free choc cake later so i will give u the verdict 2moro... :)

Back