Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Currently reading:
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

I have mates already playing it. One of them even bought two copies, just in case one got scratched.

U jelly? :p

haha thats insane, why didnt he just buy 1 and then if the other got scratched then buy another one that might even be pre owned and cheaper!
I bet i saw the game before him though and held it :p

trying to find somewhere doing it for the same price as tesco (£35) might go in store at mighnight if i can be bothered and see if they have it in, anyone know of anywhere else?

Morrisons might, they have games. Asda might, but there is one supermarket thats not allowed to stock any call of dutys any more because they released one like 3 days early and they had to basically wipe all the gamer score that them people got lol but i cant remember which one..

Got it! £33.74 :D.

Gotta love staff discount and £5 off coupons from news papers! Also got a loaf of bread and 2,100 microsoft points for that!

I got it for £3 something, including the intel pack and 2 limited edition keyrings. Gotta love working at game and having points on your card ;)

haha thats insane, why didnt he just buy 1 and then if the other got scratched then buy another one that might even be pre owned and cheaper!
I bet i saw the game before him though and held it :p
I dunno, if he was sane, would he have been lining up at midnight to buy a game?
Yeah, you probably did. But you couldn't play it. :p

Got in from work....everyone I know was on it...wandered out bought it....currently thinking oh....so I've paid 12 quid for a reskinned mw2...its good but so far really nothing new...

Got in from work....everyone I know was on it...wandered out bought it....currently thinking oh....so I've paid 12 quid for a reskinned mw2...its good but so far really nothing new...

This is why CoD, MW, etc don't even interest me - sure they may look shiny but there's nothing new - it's all been done before, since Quake in the 90's. Maybe I'm just getting old :eek:

Thing there have been sequels to shooters that have actually brought new ideas to their franchise recently, if you play Battlefield 3 it is instantly recognisable as something new and an improvement on BF2 due to a new engine and they added new features (fast jets for example) and abilities e.t.c. e.t.c. so playing it doesn't just feel like you've been there before.

Cod is as polished as ever, and probably has the best basic FPS shooter mechanics you'll play on console, but if you got this, MW2, and Black ops together in a public place and asked people who not played Cod which one is the latest game they would not have a clue. I expected no more and no less as its what they've been doing a while now, however if I want to game socially in the next 2 months I have to own it as few people I know will be playing anything else.

Does anyone else suffer insane amounts of lag when playing this game?

It's literally unplayable for me. It's like i'm a second behind what everyone else is seeing. Never had a problem with any other game before.

Back