Call Me Paranoid?

Currently reading:
Call Me Paranoid?

SeiJunkie

as title said, sopposidly with nealy all 360's made are going to end up in the nackers yard (cough *repair centre*) im getting worried. You see my 360 was bought in april/may 2007 with a manufacturer date of feb 2007 and me being ignorant thought im going to be ok, i thought i got a good one! well heres the problem the symptoms are:
1. complete and utter freezing not even holding the guide button to turn off works!
2. slowdowns in game regularly.

The freezing only usually happens after 30-40 mins from startup and only happens when im playing music from hard drive. Where as the slowdowns happen randomly.
Now the slowdowns i can live with (i had a PS2) but the freezing i cannot.
its just scaring me that 1 day im going to reset after its froze and im going to get the red ring of death! I cant remove the hard drive because of the autosave on many games and my profile.
My question is how common are any of these symptoms related to your 360? and should i be so worried to call microshaft?(microsoft)

as title said, sopposidly with nealy all 360's made are going to end up in the nackers yard (cough *repair centre*) im getting worried. You see my 360 was bought in april/may 2007 with a manufacturer date of feb 2007 and me being ignorant thought im going to be ok, i thought i got a good one! well heres the problem the symptoms are:
1. complete and utter freezing not even holding the guide button to turn off works!
2. slowdowns in game regularly.

The freezing only usually happens after 30-40 mins from startup and only happens when im playing music from hard drive. Where as the slowdowns happen randomly.
Now the slowdowns i can live with (i had a PS2) but the freezing i cannot.
its just scaring me that 1 day im going to reset after its froze and im going to get the red ring of death! I cant remove the hard drive because of the autosave on many games and my profile.
My question is how common are any of these symptoms related to your 360? and should i be so worried to call microshaft?(microsoft)

does sound like it may be overheating.
FYI until M$ bring the new falcon motherboards into play then theres no duifference to the 360 bought on launch day and now bar DVD drive and slight anti mod features

could it really be overheating? i think i will give ms a call because it is laying on the floor flat with nothing around it, oh and its a wood floor so i seriously doubt it could be overheating. i think theres a problem with the HDD because the lockups happen when im listening to music in game. but apart from the problems im really impressed, the difference from xbox to xbox360 is amazing! just gotta hope they dont give me a refurb when i have to send it off (i will be pushing for one with HDMI) if thats the case. Does anyone know when they come out? but thanks for the replys and hope to see you all online in the future.

Have you tried purging the memory cache?- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907586/en-us

I had several issues with Call of Duty 3 locking-up when loading cut scenes, and other games, though not as bad. Carrying out the purge ("maintenance") seems to always cure it- I put it down to the system keeping certain popular files in the cache to speed-up loading but sometimes they conflict between different games causing the lock-ups.

(y)

Back