Technical Calibrating???? Speedo

Currently reading:
Technical Calibrating???? Speedo

ryang

Hi,

I disconnected my speedo earlier (without disconnecting the earth) and took it apart to clean inside, including taking the needles off. now when ive come to turning the car on, all the dials are incorrect.

I have now taken the speedo out this time disconnecting the earth, and re positioned the speedo and rev counter needles in the correct place (at 0) and i presume this will sort them out, but still both the petrol and temp gauge are rising right to the top, despite the car not being full of petrol and it being cold!
What can i do??

What plugs do you mean mate?
theres only one plug in the back of the speedo

you have caused yourself a hole host of problems buy removing the needles in the incorrect sequence in fact needles should never be removed really

I bet you were trying to fit white dials weren't you

if you have mk2 punto

and you disconnected can lines from the dash (which you did) you now need to take it to the dealer to have it proxy aligned

if that does not work you will need a hole replacement dash

Last edited:
thanks for the input mate,
wouldnt a new speedo suffice and not the whole dash??

thanks for the input mate,
wouldnt a new speedo suffice and not the whole dash??

it's mk2 you cant get just a new speedo there is an exchange service at fiat were they take your old one for a reduced price on a new unit

you then need it fitted buy fiat to add on the correct number of miles and have it proxy aligned

Last edited:
Back