Cabling Question

Currently reading:
Cabling Question

psychofox

Legend
Hi guys,

Bit of a cabling question here.

My brother has a RJ45 cable (tidly around the skirting boards) going into his room for his PC and 360. The modem and router (Virgin media's new one if this matters) are in a separate room. His 360 was wi-fi'd until I 'borrowed' the adaptor :devil: Is it possible to run both the PC and 360 from the same cable going into his room, or will we need to run another RJ45 in? Is there a splitter available? He is swapping over the cables at present, but wants a permanent solution (and I don't want to give back the wi-fi adapter).

Any ideas?

If you've got the cable spare and capacity on the vigen router run another it'll be the cheapest option.

Getting a small hub would do the trick, plug existing cable into hub (uplink port - most autsense) then plug PC and 360 into the hub.

If you've got the cable spare and capacity on the vigen router run another it'll be the cheapest option.

Getting a small hub would do the trick, plug existing cable into hub (uplink port - most autsense) then plug PC and 360 into the hub.

Thanks, any recomendations on the hub?

Back