General Bye Bye Punto

Currently reading:
General Bye Bye Punto

I've finally had enough of my punto after there was a popping noise out of the exhaust i took it to the FIAT garage and basically said that whoever fitted the new back box has just stuck a crap cheapo one.

no matter how much i love the character and styling of the punto i am now looking for a new car.

can anyone give me a rough price as to how much mines worth? it a 1.2, 8v, Go, 2001 reg with 33000 miles and a 6 cd changer with the 100w sub in boot? i was thinking around £3500 private and about £3000 trade is that about right?

has anyone got any reccomendations for a new car? i have a budget of around £3000-£4000 and i dont want a clio, saxo or corsa.

i have seen a renault megane 1.6 sport 51 reg for about £3500 are these good cars or just crap?

thanks

dan

the car has been to the garage about 4 times since i've had it (about 9 months) and the gear box is starting to go.

i would be looking for something with either a 1.4 or a 1.6 engine im not too bothered about dirt cheap road tax as long as it's reasonable. i would want a car with good fuel econamy though.

hi there im sorry to see you leaving the punto and also sorry to heap more mysery on you but i think you will be way off with yoru prices that you are hoping to get. i dont know exact year of yoru car but assuming its a 51 plater (sep2001 on) then i would say about £2750 private and £2250 at a dealer

Ok so i've changed my mind (i do it alot) i've looked at most of the cars in my price range and i don't really like any of them so it looks like im sticking with my punto for a bit longer.

I asked them about a 4 year service and they quoted me about £230 to give the car a good check over and all the usual stuff like plugs, oil change, leads does this sound like the usual price?

Back