General buying advice...

Currently reading:
General buying advice...

I think Nige's explanation is that the engine needs to be designed to except bad fuels and conditions we don't face in this country.

aaah i see. thinkin about it though other manufacturers have been using diesel engines in thier performance cars for a while now, volkeswagen group bein the main example. someone should drop 'em a line...

Stilo JTD...

They're great, go and buy one, then laugh at Golf TDI drivers (like my mate) who spend twice as much to get what is really a similar car.

As far as a comparison to other Stilo's go, well, apart from the 1.2 which is obviously the best car in the world (according to Stiloboy), the JTD is the pick of the range IMO.

Why? Well as for performance, its apparently on a par with the 1.8, BUT with much, much better economy, and as has been pointed out a remap see's the performance enter Abarth territory.

Oh, its insurance group 5, while the 1.8 and Abarth and 7 & 14 respectively.

Yeah, it is a little rattly when cold, and at idle, but on the move its is smooth, and the low down torque makes it an effortless drive.

The Dynamic trim provides all the kit you need, although the Abarth 'toys' would be nice.

One way in which is disappoints is that the Stilo ads gave the false impression that they all come fully loaded, everyone always seems disappointed when they get in my car as they expect SatNav, radar cruise, skyroof etc. Oh well, still its a little more plush than the j Reg fiesta I had previously :D

its nice to hear honest talk from a real owner, cheers. will be advertising my car tomorrow so will get one by the end of the month. in all fairness the 1.4 bootom spec i drove had more toys than my supposed high spec hlx bravo so i cant see the lack of some crapy sat nav system bein a prob. cheers for input people.

I don't agree James, the 1.2 is the best one period!

Only kidding, if pennies permit, the JTD is the one to have, if you can't afford the JTD then your best bet is the other end of the scale, the 1.2.

1.6 is compromised, neither that quick, or economic, 1.8 quick but not economic, 2.5 bleedin quick, but really not economic.

Power is one thing, but only if you can afford to actually drive your car! Plus the benefit of the 1.2 is you can spend all the cash you save each week, on drink, fashion, another car for the week end, or on women of loose morals!

loose morals and drinkin are somthing i excell at! how bigs the back seat on a stilo?

ah yes, loose morals and minis are indeed a dangerous mix. them rear door bins are positively lethal.

Re: Oi, what's this.........................

Jelously will get you no where Twinn, you your self came close to getting shot of your 1.6 and getting a JTD, but you never got a single bid, i think that says volumes about either what you value your car at, or the general saleability of the 1.6! :p

If you helped start up this site just to brag then you should have bought the top JTD or the Abarth!

or... the 1.2! ;)

My reasons

I bought the 2.4 Abarth Selespeed for a few reasons - but then I wasn't too bothered about the ecomony!

Firstly, the spec level and amount of toys in there - the Ulysse is similarly specced as well, so anything less would have been disappointing.

Two, we already got a 2,2JTD in the Ulysse, and having just come from a 2.0l Mondeo, decided to stick to petrol. The 2.4 is pretty awesome, more so once it has been tweaked. The engine burble is cool, plus I wanted the Selespeed as well just so I can keep my right foot nailed to the floor when needed :)

Insurance may br group 14, but price nothing major.

Overall, I think I made the right choice for my circumstances.

Back