General buying advice...

Currently reading:
General buying advice...

Lorddean

Ok then peoples, i want to get a stilo, but i don't know what engine to get, i'm tempted to stick with the 1.6 as i have in my bravo or the 1.8, but am intrigued by the diesel. I know about all the angel tuning stuff, but would be a bit concerned about invalidating the warrenty. so i need to know what they're like to live with on a day to day basis. i've never heard one running for example, what do they sound like? do they have that traditional diesel racket? is the economy really that good? are they considerably more expensive to service?

help?

i went for a test drive today but they only had the 1.4 for testing, i told them a million times i wanted to test the jtd but the bloke seemed to have some kind of attachment to this bloody 1.4. i think im gonna have to stop people in the road!

i'm being swayed...

I can't say I have ever driven one, however, I have driven a similar power DCi to the JTD and know that I love the way diesels drive. Some hate it however. The rattle has nearly dissappeared that most people relate to diesels, so has the lack of power. You have so much torque it makes it a much more relaxed drive but with that bit extra.

Also on the JTD as mentioned, ANgel Tuning can have fun!

i could in theory get a 2002/3 jtd keep it till the warrenty runs out, then let angel tuning loose on it with thier 170bhp magic, and burn it out in a blaze of glory. :devil: :devil: :devil:

I dont think the dealers will pick up on the 'Angel tuning'. All it is, is plugging a laptop in and re-programming I think!! So theres nothing extra in the engine bay for the dealers to see. Just dont go shouting about it when your there and they'll never know ;)

HMMMmmmm (insert evil laugh)! Thats a fair point, i spose the same could be said of mr insurance company. dammit the banks closed tomorrow!

Yeah insurance companies wont have a clue :D :D
As soon as I get a JTD sometime next year i'll be contacting Angel Tuning straight away for the 170 remap, I cant wait. Let us know if you get it and what its like ;)
The JTD is the cheapest way to get cheap insurance and performance, just think the Abarth has 170bhp and is what?? group 13-14, the JTD is group 5!!!

yep, keepin up with me mates punto gt really would bring on a case of the ol' guilt.

Hey I've been good today WR, don't be like that!

On the principle of the matter and as a morale citizen and not pikey, you should inform the insurance company of such a modification.

No need to inform insurance! For one, it is totally untraceable, and the car still has only one 'fuel map', so nothing to compare it against. There is NO database they can look at to compare it to even if they did manage to extract it.

For warranty purposes, the FIAT examiner has absolutely NO chance of finding it.

AND finally, I am not a pikey :)

I was getting a lift back home once with a Fiat parts manager (not allowed courtesy cars at my age :mad: ) so, 'acting thick', I asked him about these remaps and he was praising them and telling me about this 150bhp Multipla demonstrator!!

you've got to wonder, if this moddification is easy and relativley cheap to do, why don't fiat do it themselves? its kind of like a mystery on the x-files, but a crap one.

Back