Buying a car

Currently reading:
Buying a car

Have been looking for another car and had a vehicle report carried out on it

It has come back as being an insurance write-off :eek:

How accurate are these reports, could it be an error

Insurance have been giving me prices for this car, i would of thought it would throw up an error if it was a write off

Help me :eek:

Normally they are pretty accurate, but it could be written off for a number of reasons. Sometimes it's just not economical to repair so they write it off, this is normally category C or D. If it is category A or B it should never be back on the road. In fact category A should be crushed and no parts sold, category B can be used for spares.

It's not always a bad thing, but it can make them harder to sell, you just have to be sure about what your buying.

i think just the big red cross and INSURANCE WRITE OFF worried me :eek:

going by that link it is a CAT D , the only thing that that makes it look like its been in an accident is the rear bumper has snapped of the mounts

possibly CAT C if the chassis is bent

will go back and look over it through

on an older car any crass is going to be classed as a cat D because the garage price to fix it is always going to be more than 75% of cars value.
mad thing is different insurance companies do their cats different.
mate had to identical Clio's in his yard one was a cat d one was a cat c, the cat d was a lot more mashed than the cat c,

the v5 is present so by what you said dave its a cat d

just a shame it is not mentioned in the ebay description , they have also not answered my e-mails regarding the car either :(

have just had a look and it is over my budget now , was willing to pay £600-£700 for it , but it at £640 and still a day left , back on the lookout :D

wats appnd to that sei steering wheel, looks like someones tried to chew the leather off it

arc said:
could buy alex's sei? :D

does he still have it??

wasnt really planning on spending much on a car, but you never know :chin:

will catch him on msn if it decides to work :bang:

as for steering wheel, mine started to go white and bitty

Back