buying a camera, help

Currently reading:
buying a camera, help

I have a Nikon FE and F3 with all Nikkor lenses except for a Sigma 600mm Cat
lens and they have been superb. The FE dates from 1974 and the F3 from 1980. The FE was dropped from the balcony of the Free Trade Hall in Manchester at a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert and despite denting the pentaprism it still works brilliantly. Those cameras have been covered in snow and frozen tomato ketchup on various R.A.C. rallies left on the parcel shelf of a hire car all day in 90 degree heat in Tuscany and still function perfectly. But, I recently bought the Lumix you are discussing and I can only say I've never been so impressed by any piece of kit I've used in, well, 35 years actually. There's a lot I've yet to find out, but near perfectly exposed flash photos and capturing the blur of a birds wings. How about a great shot of a snail on a plant; at night; with only the light from a garden flood light. The one I've so far been most pleased with is of a starling on the bird table about 20 yards away that has just had a quick peck at a snail and has a bubble on the end of its beak which I think is part of the snail's defence mechanism. The bubble is clear and only about the diameter of a match head. So far, thoroughly recommended.

ok, i gots myself a card reader now (its actually a card reader and USB hub all in one)

heres some piccies i took the week i got it!

Attachments

• DSCF9015.JPG
    DSCF9015.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • DSCF9020.JPG
    DSCF9020.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • DSCF9021.JPG
    DSCF9021.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • DSCF9024.JPG
    DSCF9024.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • DSCF9028.JPG
    DSCF9028.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
Nikon are far from crap...I upgraded my fuji to the D70s after a few years when i decided to make a serious go of it...but there's certainly nothing wrong with Fuji's! (y)

Quite agree with you, Altho I am an avid Canon user. and ex photographer (sports) Fuji, together with Nikon made one of the first ( if not the first) SLR 35mm format Digitals to hit the market....Fuji Have one the finest "chips" available......problem with both Nikon and Fufji is price.

Last edited:
Back