Technical button on ignition and cd player

Currently reading:
Technical button on ignition and cd player

mattpunto18

i have a p reg punto , its got a button on the ignition, the one next to the key, you have to press it in to be able to turn the key and start the car,

mines really stiff is there anything i can do?
like can i remove it so that it can be started without pushing the button in?

also

my cd player is hardwired, ive got a new cd player which requires a iso block, is there a way of wiring the existing wires in the car to my iso?

thanks

The button on the ignition panel is to turn on the parking lights when the car is turned off.

As standard all fiats i have been in do this. you can leave your headlights/sidelights switched on at the switch on the indicator stalk but as soon as you remove the key they go off. To leave your sidelights on you have to press the little black button and turn the key backwards (same way you turn it to witch the car off)

This button shouldnt interfear with the starting, have you tried just putting the key in and turning? the button is only for the parking lights.

As for the cd player your better off having the other end of the ISO block wired into the car so then if you want to change it again you can easily.

yes the key will not turn unless i push this button in,
should the key turn without pressing the button then?

hmm..could be related to the steering lock possibly, because the steering lock has to be engaged for you to turn the parking lights on....

what can i do then?
i guess i shouldnt have to press the button in unless i want to leave the lights on, so what do i do to find out whats wrong?

The parking light on my car will come on without the steering lock engadged.

Have you tried not turning the key as far back and removing the key when you turn the car off. it only supposed to click back one position then you can remove it, not 2 like different manufactuers car do.

hmm..could be related to the steering lock possibly, because the steering lock has to be engaged for you to turn the parking lights on....

The parking light on my car will come on without the steering lock engadged.

:yeahthat: never had to engage it on any of our Fiats (although I do as standard)

On my 2002 mk2 you do have to put the key in, push the button in, move the key into parking lights and then twiddle the wheel and twist the key forward to get it going..

Thought it was just my steering lock...

Back