Technical Bushes

Currently reading:
Technical Bushes

Hi Picked up my new rear axle and rear arms(radius arm thingies) from the scrappy today,i`ve stripped off the radius arms and removed the bushes(to powdercoat the arms and fit powerflex bushes),after reading all the posts on here about them i was thinking it would be a nightmare but i removed all four bushes in less than an hour is that a record?
Anybody know the cheapest place to buy powerflex bushes?i can get them through work but if there cheaper elsewhere i`ll get them there
Cheers
Adrian
P.s if anyone wants to know how i did it please ask and i`ll detail the tools i made/used

AIJ29 said:
Hi Picked up my new rear axle and rear arms(radius arm thingies) from the scrappy today,i`ve stripped off the radius arms and removed the bushes(to powdercoat the arms and fit powerflex bushes),after reading all the posts on here about them i was thinking it would be a nightmare but i removed all four bushes in less than an hour is that a record?
Anybody know the cheapest place to buy powerflex bushes?i can get them through work but if there cheaper elsewhere i`ll get them there
Cheers
Adrian
P.s if anyone wants to know how i did it please ask and i`ll detail the tools i made/used

yea man... how did u do it, i thought u had to cut / burn them out?

Hi Mase
Hope this makes sense,
1./ i used a piece of threaded bar with 2 nuts locked together at the bottom then a large diameter bmx stunt peg(large enough for the bush to be pushed into,really needs to be the same diameter as the piece of the rear arm the bush pushes into,i then slid a socket over the bar then a piece of steel tube(just as a spacer really) and another nut,put the 2 nuts into a vice with the bar facing upwards then the peg with the hollow bit upwards then the bush then the other stuff,spray the top of the bush in wd40 then slowly tighten the nut,in theory the inner rubber piece of the bush should be pushed into the inside of the peg
2./i was lucky i just happened to have a drift the right size(it`a actually for fitting seals into marzocchi cycle suspension forks)
Basically all you need is a piece of bar(about 30mm i think)with a step machined into it(i can post pictures and measurements if required)i then put the arm in a vice and gently warmed up(blow torch). the part of the radius arm and used the drift to knock it out.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Adrian

Back