Technical Bushes for the B

Currently reading:
Technical Bushes for the B

Hi all

I am changing my suspension soon, lowering her by 30mill.

What else would anyone advise changing\ upgrade????

Track rod ends?

Bushes (Where from???? looking for upgrades)

Thank you(y)

Ok, I bought Eibach pro springs and used them with standard dampers, it handled well but ride quality suffered...a lot!

Ok, I bought Eibach pro springs and used them with standard dampers, it handled well but ride quality suffered...a lot!

What do you have now?

This is my concern really as some people mention, bushes, track rod ends etc...

So hoping for some info. I may change my dampers then if you advise it.

Thanks

Eibach states that it is safe to use their pro-kit with standard dampers, they are specifically tuned to each individual car.

Nino are you suffering from suspension related problems at the moment? I.e. Knocks or the car wandering or snatching on cornering?

I found the best bit of kit for upgrading handling was an Anti roll bar. That said it's often up to budget available, when changing suspension and shocks. Without comparable road tests it's impossible to say what is the best set up, but the Anti roll bars gave instant noticeable changes.

barchetta has quite stiff bushings as stock. In my opinion, polyurethane bushings make things way too stiff and the car just starts to bounce all over the place (light car + stiff bushes isnt always the best combination!). Also you'll hear rattles and noises you didnt know even exist after that "Improvement".

Go for stock OEM bushings, thats the best I tried.

Oh, and in general about b suspension.

Make sure your driveshafts are aligned correctly after lowering the front. In some cases, they bend upwards, making the driveshaft joints something needing replacement every not-so-many miles.

Also, since the rear suspension has quite fine tuned setting as stock, try to see what the wheel camber is at max compression (I mean, when you're pushing it really hard, whats the wheel camber at that position). You'll easily go to positive camber making it drive like sh*t.

Thanks all. My aim is to lower her a little (30mil) and a little stiffer. That's all.

Just wondering if anything else should be done whilst it's apart.(y)

If your dampers are newish you will get away with just the Eibach springs.

Just remember the lower you go the harder the ride, regardless of which dampers you choose.

I mean don't get me wrong I didn't regret changing the springs for one minute, its just generally people expect the same or better ride comfort - its just not going to happen.

The springs are about £150, adding sports dampers will take that up to £600+ easily.

You don't NEED to spend that kind of money how ever worth it you may think it is...
(speaking from experience)

Last edited:
i will start saving for adjustable gewindes... from 500€ to xxxx€

http://www.preisroboter.de/ergebnis4659102.html

HR%20Gewinde.gif

They're great until you want to adjust them again. The adjustment plates seize on to the threads and then you can't readjust.

well... prices are from 500€ to 1500€... quality = €

Back