Technical Bushes/arms/axle/shoes/cable/...?

Currently reading:
Technical Bushes/arms/axle/shoes/cable/...?

Wow, you really have had a real run of bad luck. :eek:
It's a tricky decision to make, whether to keep putting money into it and hoping you've fixed everything, or not, but as someone mentioned already, when a Multi (or any other car for that matter) gets towards it's 'teens', they start acting like them, and costing about he same (n)

Personally, I think I'd break it for spares and get something else, but that depends on being able to buy something before recouping what you can from selling the parts, and having the space to store it.

I truly feel for you, and hope you sort something without too much further expense.

Good luck.

Edit; Subframe...
Dear BikeDoc,

Just to say a quick 'Thank You' for your reply to my earlier posting - and, I am REALLY HAPPY to say a FANTASTIC garage has telephoned me today, as they promised to, and have quoted me an AMAZING price for the list of problems I gave them! Such a weight lifted from my shoulders! I want to thank all the very kind Members of the Fiat Forum who gave me ideas, thoughts, support and information - wonderful Forum!!

With thanks (and relief!!),
IsThisGoodbyeMrT?

1000x500px-LL-17945902_picard-facepalm.jpg

Dear Alpitlum,

Just to say a quick 'Thank You' for your reply to my earlier postings - and, I am REALLY HAPPY to say a FANTASTIC garage has telephoned me today, as they promised to, and have quoted me an AMAZING price for the list of problems I gave them! Such a weight lifted from my shoulders! I want to thank all the very kind Members of the Fiat Forum who gave me ideas, thoughts, support and information - wonderful Forum!!

With thanks (and relief!!),
IsThisGoodbyeMrT?

Glad you're getting it sorted. There are a lot of garages out there that really do play things out as they go along, if you find a garage with a knowledgeable mechanic that doesn't overcharge then keep hold of them.
If I don't do the work myself I take my cars to a garage which is out in the sticks and looks like a scrap yard but the guy that runs it lives and breathes cars old and new and is a dab hand with the tools and very reasonable.
I hope once you get it sorted it behaves itself as when they are behaving they are a great motor that is both practical and a head turner.
Good luck..

Oh My Goodness!! Am I cursed?!! I cannot believe we have run into ANOTHER issue!! Thought I was going to be able to post positive, happy comments, and much relief, but ... I got a shock when I got the bill for this one! Had got a fantastic quote (or estimate?) for the repairs required, booked the Multi in, took the car there first thing this morning - the parts they had for the repair were the wrong ones, I believed this was my fault as I had told them which parts needed replacing over the 'phone, the garage had not seen the car. The garage said they would try to get the correct parts, that they needed to get radius arms, not possible to change bushes (I thought it was?) - no, no, cannot change the rear bushes, only the front ones - I doubted myself (of course! - as usual!) and left the car with them as they said they would 'phone me when the radius arms arrived and let me know if they were the correct ones and the cost - I heard nothing. I 'phoned after about two hours to see if there was any news - the arms had arrived and were fitted but the car was still being worked on. The car was taking longer than expected but they would not increase the labour charges. I asked what the cost was going to be as they had had to fit arms rather than just bushes I was told they would 'phone me back in a few minutes ... I heard nothing, I 'phoned them again - now five hours after I had left the car there! I had been quoted, originally, £317.00 and some pence (I do not have the note in front of me) - I was told that, as they'd had to replace the radius arms they had also had to replace the ABS sensors as they could not be removed without breaking them, these were going to cost an additional £45.00 and some pence, each, but there would be no increase in the original three-hour labour quote, they would 'phone me back with the actual amount and when the car was ready to collect. My sons and I, instead of waiting, walked back to the garage, it took half an hour, our car wasn't there. I was told it was out on road test. The outcome of it all ... forget the original quote/estimate of £317.00 - I was charged £600.00!! Labour fees had been increased to SIX HOURS - but, apparently they were giving me a discount. I had no choice other than pay up - bang goes my sons' few days away then - I wish people would just be upfront and honest and stop taking advantage because we really can't afford this - we're being bled dry!! I told the garage that, if they'd told me at the outset it was going to cost that amount I obviously would not have gone ahead (I hadn't gone ahead with another garage I'd had a quote from because of the amount quoted), and they had told me on the 'phone, part way through the repairs, that there would be no increase in labour charges. I am now actually very concerned about the quality of the works as well - there was a slight lip, apparently, on the brake drums (shoes were worn away) and the garage had smoothed the lip off, this, together with the new handbrake cables fitted, has left the handbrake lever really quite loose but this can be adjusted after 500-1000 miles? (This will be free of charge!) Apparently they smoothed off the peeling (paint?) from the subframe and sprayed it (with protective paint? - don't know if they would have used underseal?) I really hope the quality of the work is up to scratch, but I really have doubts now I have sat down and thought about it. The garage had had good reviews - I've just come across a rather different one though - an experience very similar to mine, although different parts used, and not such a huge difference in total. I really trusted the people because one of the reviews was from a company, but I certainly know better now! - I cannot believe all the awful experiences here - not just the car ...

I am really sorry - I thought this was going to be such a good posting, I thought I was going to be able to say "WOW! - found a fantastic garage who do a fantastic job at a fantastic price!", but ... I am so sorry I haven't got positive news, and I am so sorry that I cannot help someone else by having found this garage.

IsThisGoodbyeMrT?

Back