Burning a MAC iso from a PC

Currently reading:
Burning a MAC iso from a PC

Hey all :)

I have a MAC CD Image which I want to burn on DVD but I just get the message "Invalid Instruction" everytime I press burn.
I'm presuming the ISO header is not PC format so therfore wont burn.

I'm using 'Roxio EZ media Creator 7'

Is there a way I can burn it without losing the file structure so that it still works on a MAC?

Centaur, that explanation is for how to do it on a MAC, my version of 'EZ Media' does not give me those options (n)

Chris, it doesn't need converting, is already a MAC ISO but I need to burn it from a PC.

If I was supposed to put the whole ISO on a recordable DVD then bring it to a mac and copy the ISO onto the mac then create a disc using the ISO that should work right? I'm only asking cause I only have one blank DVD left :p

Trancendental said:
Centaur, that explanation is for how to do it on a MAC, my version of 'EZ Media' does not give me those options (n)

Chris, it doesn't need converting, is already a MAC ISO but I need to burn it from a PC.

If I was supposed to put the whole ISO on a recordable DVD then bring it to a mac and copy the ISO onto the mac then create a disc using the ISO that should work right? I'm only asking cause I only have one blank DVD left :p

Sound's like it would work, but there's always some technicality so who knows.

Sorry about that T it was pretty late/early am so I was flagging a bit!

I still think that in order for the conversion to work it needs a different iso than standard.

Will have a think and see what I can dig up, but I think the answer lies with the Toast utility

faster4_tec said:
Where are the pics of the event?

Pics wont make a difference.

I press burn, the screen changes to to the % bars and immediately says

"Incorrect Function" in the burning events window (where it usually says "complete") with a red cross and doesn't even attempt a burn (stays at 0%). The discs are still usable.

Back