Technical Bumper side attachments

Currently reading:
Technical Bumper side attachments

Bella Fiat

Hi, I am new to this forum after just buying a 1988 panda, so I imaging I am going to spend a lot of time on here looking for things!

I was doing some checks and had to remove the bumper, the 2 side brackets/holders on the bumper seem to be a mix of missing or home made adapted. I have the square bolts but I need the plastic (presume) holders sliders bits. Does anyone know what they are called? I have looked on Oldtimer, Autostoria and Ricambio but can not find anything.

Thanks in advance.

If you mean the plastic retainers for the square head bolts then they are part of the bumper…the only real fix, that doesn’t look out of place, is to use short coach bolts through the bumper itself. I’ve tried to bond through before but the age of the plastic, or type, doesn’t take kindly to heat or plastic chemical weld

This was the non broken one, which clearly has been patched up!
All Photos - 1 of 1.png

I wonder what they’ve used…although since I last had mine, adhesives have come a long way

On the other side, it had broken completely off. So as a temp fix I have used "Evo-stik Hard & Fast Metal Epoxy Putty" It's not pretty but hoping it will hold until I either find a new bumper of do as you say use a bolt which I think might be the best long term option.

All Photos - 1 of 1 (1).png

Back