General Bumper Rotten - MOT Faliure ?

Currently reading:
General Bumper Rotten - MOT Faliure ?

TheBig-D

Right here is my offending bumper as you can see the bracket is rotten & rusted. Can this be replace if so where will i get a new bracket from?

Any body know if this will fail the MOT?

I've got 6months before the MOT but i just what it sorted.

Pic's

Don't worry the bumper doesen't actually hang like this. I just pulled it down to take a pic.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w7/TheBig-D/My Car/DSC00278.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w7/TheBig-D/My Car/DSC00279.jpg

BTW it's a '94 Cinq

Last edited:
It'll fail the MOT if the tester deems the bumper to be unsecure.

It will fail as it is loose.

Hoewever, The MOT testers are not allowed to remove anything, in theroy if you duct tape it up, it will pass. The MOT tester could still fail it though.

Cheers folk.

Would it be possible for me to 'Bodge' it up i mean fill it up with grit fill or body filler so its stays stuck in place just to get it through the MOT. :p

I know i'm tight. :D Having financial difficultys at the mo.

it will be fine... iv seen cars go through mots with cracked bumpers hanging off, and if you say it doesnt hang down, why would he have any reason to look at it? just leave it tbh, as said, maybe take some duct tape if he did question it but its so doubtful, and theres not much you can do except weld in new metal, which imo, is not worth bothering.

it will be fine... iv seen cars go through mots with cracked bumpers hanging off, and if you say it doesnt hang down, why would he have any reason to look at it? just leave it tbh, as said, maybe take some duct tape if he did question it but its so doubtful, and theres not much you can do except weld in new metal, which imo, is not worth bothering.

nice,is that how you plan to(do) maintain your car? by the bare minmum sub standard level

i went to fiat to price new bumber brackets for the rear. they are only 6pounds something and 8 pounds something. priced different i assume as one is stronger with the towing eye. not really worth messing around with for that price

Back