bulldozering the North

Currently reading:
bulldozering the North

dave said:
no its compulsory purchase

so they said no to all the sensible offers, so government taking the wee-wee now

is this to make way for a road or something, there is talk about something like this happening round here to build a bypass

its places like yorkshire and liverpool that are going, one of the houses is where ringo starr lived, and it has a blue plaque to say so. this plan make my blood boil, as these people have paid they taxes, put up with many crap governments and are now being told that even though the houses are freehold and in they names, they dont seem to have any rights :mad:

Hellcat said:
We live on a peninsular right next to the sea so nowhere to build a major road to :D

I agree that some houses do need to be flattened, but they should be given a fair price.

Its not for roads its for regeneration projects. I.E. plush waterside apptmts etc that people from that community cant afford to buy, so dont sleep too snug thinking it will never effect you!:confused:
Bas***ds gave one chap 36 1/2 k which they claimed was the market value for his 3 bedroom terrace, yet a new 1 bedroom apptmt where his home used to be will cost 3 times that.:eek:
He had no choice, he was quite litteraly man handled out of his home because he refused to leave. An english mans home it seems is no longer his castle!
This island of ours is just sinking lower and lower. From the government right down to local councils they are nothing more than a bunch of pompous,ignorant,self righteous,selfish, greedy,good for nothing fcuking wan***s. I only hope i live to see the day that the tables are turned on them, you know what they say, what goes around comes around:bang:

MATT 68 said:
Its not for roads its for regeneration projects. I.E. plush waterside apptmts etc that people from that community cant afford to buy, so dont sleep too snug thinking it will never effect you!:confused:
Bas***ds gave one chap 36 1/2 k which they claimed was the market value for his 3 bedroom terrace, yet a new 1 bedroom apptmt where his home used to be will cost 3 times that.:eek:
He had no choice, he was quite litteraly man handled out of his home because he refused to leave. An english mans home it seems is no longer his castle!
This island of ours is just sinking lower and lower. From the government right down to local councils they are nothing more than a bunch of pompous,ignorant,self righteous,selfish, greedy,good for nothing fcuking wan***s. I only hope i live to see the day that the tables are turned on them, you know what they say, what goes around comes around:bang:

Well thats not right - 36k won't buy you a caravan these days. Some areas do need knocking down though. In town they have knocked down every other street in order to open up the area - Its a lot better since a lot of the houses were boarded up or let to scum by landlords who didn't care. Those who still live there though should be given enough to get a decent house - its not their fault that the area has gone downhill.

As for our house - its nearly 200 years old and in a conservation area - it's not going anywhere! (y)

Back