General Bullbars fitted

Currently reading:
General Bullbars fitted

After 1/2 hour work and some swearing the bars are fitted :D

Image0212.jpg

Image0232.jpg

Image0224.jpg

I need to hammerite a few parts, as I wasn't to careful when it came to putting them down :bang:

Also need to align them slighty as they have a lean. Hoping that can be sorted buying playing around with the fixings.

My sump guard is slightly bent, combined with rusted bolts = (n) .

I am pleased with the result.

God she is getting loads of attention this weekend. Hope she appreciates it :)

Looking good! :cool:

Mine is slightly bent on the passenger side. Going to heat the join up and bend it back into shape then repaint.

Was yours an eBay find? Am I right in thinking these are rare?

Looking good! :cool:

Mine is slightly bent on the passenger side. Going to heat the join up and bend it back into shape then repaint.

Was yours an eBay find? Am I right in thinking these are rare?

Got mine from a member on here, already treated and powedercoated

I think all 4x4/Sisley panda stuff is pretty rare.

Just finished painting the udder. The box thing you can see from the rear

Good work!

Maybe I should break my spare sisley then when I have exchanged its interior with the one from my sisley if sisley parts are hard to come by?

Anyway, looking good!! :cool:

After 1/2 hour work and some swearing the bars are fitted :D
am fitting bullbars to my panda at the mo too, but still at the swearing stage and its taking a hell of a lot longer than half an hour! some people may remember me from when i was in a panic after snapping a tie rod bar in half a week ago. Well it now looks as it does in the photo below. It looks in good condition as i resprayed it black, but the nuts underneath are all rusty and seized; have broken one trying to undo it already (yes, another metal thing sheared), so it is held up by some wire through the grill :S.
BIGGEST problem is when i disassembled it in my impetuousness, i never took note of what i was doing, so have put it back together wrongly, and fell to pieces when i attempted driving away. Beginning to think i haven't got the knack for this sort of thing. Can anyone advise?

Attachments

• PICT0467.JPG
    PICT0467.JPG
    647.1 KB · Views: 12
To fit was pretty simple.

Getting to the fitting stage was the hardest. Rusted bolts and mangeled threads didn't help.

Luckily I have a re-threading tool, so cleaned up the threads

Maybe it is time for new bolts. I would go for slightly longer than normal too.

The 4 holes in the bars should match with the 4 holes in the sumpguard

Hello edmund I have a horrible feeling about this one to be honest as the bullbar appeared welded to the Tie-bar brackets and if it's not holding the Bullbar then I fear it's also not holding the Tie-bars which if loose means the wheels are totally insecure and in danger of moving back or forward when accelerating or braking and without which the wheels could easilly be pulled into the wheelarch.

Secondly the bulbars are quite heavy so if braking will just pull your front grille off as they are only held in place by a screw through a plastic clip.

Finally I don't really know what help you require, trying my very best not to appear a smart @r$e the support brackets have to go back exactly as they came off to keep the wheels aligned properly as they control back and forward alignment.

does sound a bit dodgy doesn't it. well, its not the bit that the tie-bar is attached to thats loose (particularly), but where you thought there was a weld, there are some more bolts, as can be seen in the photos below. These i will just WD40, and remove, and refit with new bolts as Gaz suggested. The drivers side front wheel does look too far back now, and the passengers too far forward (and a bit out to the side too). Wish i had taken notes how many washers came off each bar, i suppose its just trial and error until its drivable to a garage. Have consulted the diagram u posted on here on my original request for help after the tie bar snapped, for how to put it back together.
Also shown below is the wire fixing, that iv attached now to the body behind the grill.

Attachments

• PICT0469.JPG
    PICT0469.JPG
    533.3 KB · Views: 12
  • PICT0470.JPG
    PICT0470.JPG
    577 KB · Views: 8
OK so what fell appart when driving away? And what is loose now?

when i drove off, the tie bar pushed itself through the bracket, and then when i reversed it back onto the drive it came out of the bracket almost altogether. Some of the rubber bits around it fell off, though the bolt at the end stayed on...

when i drove off, the tie bar pushed itself through the bracket, and then when i reversed it back onto the drive it came out of the bracket almost altogether. Some of the rubber bits around it fell off, though the bolt at the end stayed on...

i recommend getting new bushes for those brackets... they sound knackered.

Back