General Bug bang from front left wheel

Currently reading:
General Bug bang from front left wheel

Gaz Lear

This morning when i moved my car there was a loud bang from the front left wheel and the wheel arch has dropped down onto the tyre? is this the spring snapping that is mentioned in the recall letter?

Ive been on holiday for 6 weeks in America when i came back on monday the letter was waiting for me

Will Fiat fix the whole thing for me?

Almost certainly broken spring I'd say :(

Interesting that it broke the first time you used the car after it had been standing for 6 weeks. Can you provide any further info on how it happened?

Good chance your main dealer will sort the whole thing although not sure how you're going to get the car to them. If you have recovery/breakdown insurance then maybe you can get the car taken there :)

Put it in reverse moved out and that was it big bang and it dropped down, i think my dad has been using the car while ive been away havent had chance to ask him yet. They signed for the letter when it came cos i was away, but obviously didnt open it cos it was addressed to me

Im having this with Reg Vardys now they say they dont have a tow truck in all the company which must be ********

RAC wil move it for £50 apparently which aint to bad, but our lass is putting her posh phone voice on, on monday morning and ringing Fiat to tell them unless they move it for us we'll be billing them for the cost

....but our lass is putting her posh phone voice on, on monday morning and ringing Fiat to tell them unless they move it for us we'll be billing them for the cost
I'd take the nice approach first, after all it's not their fault the spring broke.

...but if they try to charge you for new springs then get out the big stick :D

When i said Fiat i meant the customer services not the dealership, i know it isnt their fault, useless as they are tho

Hell yeah, they must get paid of fiat do they for doing the work? Would break their heart doing it for nothing

When i said Fiat i meant the customer services not the dealership, i know it isnt their fault, useless as they are tho
I thought you meant the dealership.

Some seem to handle the situation very well (without you having to contact Fiat UK) whilst others can be extremely stubborn by all accounts.

Cool i'll let everyone know how it goes, ive been looking and i dont think i can find a post where someone has taken their car in with the springs already gone since the recall

But with my past dealing with reg vardys im looking forward to a battle

Shame it happened before you could get it to the dealer. My dealer in Hertford DBS Desira, just booked me straight in and fixed all up for me in 45 minutes and were very helpful.

I tohave just had a front spring (driver side) snap at the bottom coil.My car is a 53 plate multi wagon but it is out of warranty, have any springs been replaced by fiat when vehicle is out of warranty.

i hope its nothing to do with warranty, the VOSA website says its a vehicle safety issue and the recall is for the life of the car or something similar

Got it booked in at reg vardys today described what had happened and the guy said sounds like the springs have gone and it should be covered by the recall but every case is different, does this mean they might try and claim its not the recall problem?

The recall is about fitting a mod to the car and not specifically about the front springs (although pretty much everybody including myself think it should be :mad: ).

Taking in a car with one of the springs already broken is about the best trick you can play as there's a fair chance you'll get new springs fitted for free but it's not guaranteed. It's all very much down to your relationship with your dealer and no doubt your dealers relationship with Fiat UK.

******** so how much we talking if i have to pay?

i can see Fiat getting taken to court if i have to pay for it!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I few members have taken this route.

You need to go through all the threads and keep in contact with them.

No good moaning to me though as mine's still fine - so far at least ;)

I few members have taken this route.

You need to go through all the threads and keep in contact with them.

No good moaning to me though as mine's still fine - so far at least ;)

Yeah but you seem to know what your talking about

The recall is about fitting a mod to the car and not specifically about the front springs (although pretty much everybody including myself think it should be :mad: ).

i know this is stating the obvious but if the broken spring is caused by and i quote

"the intensive use of salt on the roads, corrosive deposits may infiltrate the rubber plate which supports the front suspension springs, initiating seats of corrosion which may lead to the spring breaking after a period of time"

then surely as my springs have now broken then they will be replaced by Fiat UK as part of the recall

Or is that to much like common sense? :bang:

Back