General Bucking the trend

Currently reading:
General Bucking the trend

philmgro

Hello People,

Have noticed a lot of defectors from the Fiat cause recently so I am declaring my allegience to the Italian exotica marque and pick up my 54 plate Abarth next Wednesday, trading in my trusty, if slightly wonky wheeled, 02 1.6 Dynamique. I have already ordered my Eibachs and looking forward to the extra oomph. Have I done the right thing? Will Hibs win the league?

Phil

Last edited:
Its a manual, Chrome Grey I think. Was only getting between 27-29mpg on the 1.6 over the last 6 months or so no matter what sort of driving I was doing(one of reasons for changing along with gearbox leak). What sort of mileage should I expect from the Abarth? low 20's?

No pics as yet, will post when I get the car and then again after lowering. Its definitely grey that in some light looks greenish. More understated than my present azzurro sprint blue 1.6 but nice all the same.

Welcome Phill thats both of us with the same name ive got the 1.6 dynamic nice to have some more stilo owners thats the best birthday present i could wish for (y)

Finally picked it up today!!

First impressions are very favourable however it is sitting a little high for my liking(something the eibachs will sort out). It feels very planted and quick through all gears and I'm delighted I went for it. Will post some pics when I get a chance.

cheers Phil

Having converted from an Abarth to a JTD (albeit a 156 JTD) I can say the fuel bills are horrendous! I get twice the mileage for the same money in the JTD and performance wise isn't bad at all. I was previously filling every 3 days!

Back