Technical Bucket Seat Fitting

Currently reading:
Technical Bucket Seat Fitting

I have recently bought a pair of cobra bucket seats, i wanted reclining but for £25 for a set of none reclining i couldnt argue, but the problem is my mum is curently registerd owner of the car and she says i can modify it in anyway as long as it remains practical, she has no problems with the bucket seats but she says i have still to be able to gain access to the back seats, but the cinq subframes afaik cant be removed from the seats so is it possible to get the seats to tilt forwards like the standard seats do, if anyone has already done this and could provide pictures aswell it would be much appreciated.

Cheers Jack

Short answer, no. It will need something fabricated because to get through an MOT the seats have to be securely locked in place. Most seat frame kits do not allow tilting.

Its not beyond the wit of someoine clever with a welder, but I don't think there is anything available off the shelf.

Cheers

D

We have a crazy guy down here, who cut the bottom of the original seat and welded it to the underside of a momo fixed bucket seat. In my opinion, totally impractical and a bit silly to see a fixed bucket reclining...

Nope, I installed one of those and it failed the MOT on it.

On later inspection due to my lack of forethought on installation and general bodging, it appeared that the subframe itself had failed (was bent permanently). So unless you really know what youre doing or can FEA a design up Id very strongly recommend avoiding it as the things just arent strong enough.

Be careful there two companies with similar names Cobra & Corbeau, IIRC one of them, Cobra probably, doesn't do sub-frames for the 'centos you need to use universal ones.

rallycinq said:
Yes you can get subframes to fit the Fiat runners, but they don't tilt.

My sparco subframes fit straight on to the runner for the drivers seat (with a bit of drilling), and the passenger seat bolt straights to the floor in the same position as the std runners. As you say, neither of them tilt.

John

pranksta said:
if it wasnt for MOT then is there any other problems if i fitted one of them because theres nothing to stop me taking it out for the MOT!

cheers
jack

If it fails the MOT then it fails for a good reason. Last thing you want is to crash and the frame's bent - could be nasty.

I've got some corbeau seats and subframes that do not tilt.

Bolts stright onto the cinq runners. Forget practical use of the back.

for sale in the classifieds :p pics are there

I've got corbeau carrera recliners, with these its possible to tilt the back of the seat forward enough to get passengers in and out so its a little more practical

Back