BT Internet Email - Its a good 'un

Currently reading:
BT Internet Email - Its a good 'un

BenGP

Right, long story so bear with me,

A client has an @btinternet.com email. He cannot receive any attachments from ONE contact.

He uses Windows Mail to retrieve his emails. I have set windows mail to leave a copy of the mail on the server aswell. I have been onto the web based client and the attachments are all there, so basically I know that it is between here and Windows Mail that the attachment is getting stripped out of the email.

I have been onto BT "technical" support for 2 hours today to no avail. They came up with the solution that the sender PC must have a virus therefore windows mail was stripping the attachment out. (This is on any attachment from this sender, ANY)

Client's PC runs Vista semi decent spec.

I have disabled the email scanning facility in AVG and checked all of the settings there, I have unchecked the "Remove attachments" box in windows mail under the security tab. There are no filters of any kind relating to the senders address, and all spam filters and settings have been removed from the web based client.

It has seriously baffled me, I can't understand how it is just one sender when he receives hundreds of attachments from other senders every day with no problem.

Changing email provider is not an option as he has hundreds of business contacts that all have this address, and tbh he's a bit stubborn when it comes to change.

Would be greatly appreciative of any help.

Thanks (no seriously, thank you if you help (y))

Ben

Yeah attachments can be downloaded from this sender in the web based service.

Its any attachment at the minute, although the ones tried are .doc .docx .ppt .pdf

and again its just from one contact. Every other sender is fine.

Well I use a btinternet.com email addy as my main address - either via Outlook or the web-based service - and never have any issues.

So it does sound like it is on the side of the contact, not sure why though. Not on any junk or spam filter anywhere??

I removed al the junk and spam filters the other week due to a different problem, so the email address literally is receiving a load of crap aswell now, but no virus or anything on either machine (sender or client). I read an article from Google about the problem possible lying with the sender sending via Outlook and the client receiving through Windows mail, but other senders use outlook and they come through perfectly, so can't see how that is the problem.

Changing the program is my last resort, due to the client being slightly fussy and like the routine and familiarity of Windows mail (God knows why??) but is an option, and frankly think its one of the only ones I have left.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for all your help though guys :)

BTW do you know of any dedicated IT forums where I could post this with a wider scope?

Thanks again :)

In outlook if you go into tools -> options -> on the 'preferences' tab click Junk Email. Then click safe senders and add the domain in there and retry?

Back