Technical B's Brake Fluid

Currently reading:
Technical B's Brake Fluid

ROJ

Whats the Brake Fluid grade used on the B? DOT 3 is ok?

The manual Says (in Portogese) TOP 4 270'C... Could anyone check for me, plz?

Thanks..

G'day ROJ, just checked my manual and it states..

quote: "If you need to add fluid, only use the type classified DOT 4. You are advised tn particular to use Tutela TOP 4 270 C with wich the braking system origionally filled"

If I get my scanner working and am bored 1 evening... I will send you an English version of the manual if this would help you...

I'm not sure but I expect the "Tutela top 4" Is the brand name used in Italy...

I would recomend using whatever DOT 4 fluid is available in the UAE. I believe DOT 3 is NOT INTERCHANGEABLE but may stand to be corrected...

Also I think it's possible to upgrade to DOT 5.1 ???? (my last car used DOT 4 but most people used 5.1 as it could be interchanged and used at a higher temp... but please wait untill you hear an experts oppinion on this.

DOT4 it is... I'll bleed it 2morow & top up... I might as well ask about DOT5.1...

Thanks..

Last edited:
DOT4 it is... I'll bleed it 2morow & top up... I might as well ask about DOT5.1...

Thanks..

ROJ... If you have put Dot 3 in I think you may have problems.....?? I am not 100% sure but I believe that dot 3 is not compatable with the seal material used ie the o rings..... get it all out the system before your seals fail.... This may not be correct info.. please someone with more info correct this.....

But I have heard about issues putting DOT 3 in a DOT 4 sys and vice versa....

The B needs DOT 4, or if you fancy emptying the system and replacing it with DOT 5.1 then that is fine. Don't mix fluid types though, they will not mix and will affect the viscosity of the fluid.........by all means play with exhausts and inductions but don't mess with brakes!! ;)

^ I am bleeding the system & retopping it with DOT4.. Assuming the previous fluid must be a DOT4..

Back