General Brrrrrrrrr.... its cold!

Currently reading:
General Brrrrrrrrr.... its cold!

pmcq

Every time there is a frost the last few weeks it takes a few mins until the rear brake lights start working - I know this becasue I have installed a brake light on the rear window and I can usually see the red glow in the dark mornings - however I have noticed that it takes about 10 - 15 mins for it to start working! I just cant think of what it might be that would prevent a current getting to the lights?! Once its working it stays working... (until the next frosty morning :D)

Any ideas?

pmcq said:
Every time there is a frost the last few weeks it takes a few mins until the rear brake lights start working - I know this becasue I have installed a brake light on the rear window and I can usually see the red glow in the dark mornings - however I have noticed that it takes about 10 - 15 mins for it to start working! I just cant think of what it might be that would prevent a current getting to the lights?! Once its working it stays working... (until the next frosty morning :D)

Any ideas?

Oh it's Italian wiring it always likes to send the current the long way round.

take the light clusters off and check the contacts with bulbs maybe, I've noticed mine get quite dirty from time to time.

I know that my brake light switch went (on the pedal) but that was total, as your is intermittant, heh, it does seem like a Fiat electrical special ;)

Back