General Brooklands and what I overtook on the way home...

Currently reading:
General Brooklands and what I overtook on the way home...

What a great day!!!

Lovely to see you all and great to meet the owner of a particulary fine 750:)... Great work Vern!! Good to see Kev and Heike... Hope you got home OK in the Maserati:D... You know you should have brought Haze!!;)

On leaving the carpark I was held up by two ugly, low slung, red lumps... one had F40 written on its wing... We progressed up towards the M25 and on the way a column of traffic seemed to be imtimidated into not passing the prancing horses so they all pulled in behind into the left hand lane at the lights but I know what a real 3 door Italian sports car looks like so I pushed my way up to the front in the right lane level with the leading Ferrari... Lights went amber and I dropped the clutch on about 5000RPM in first and streaked past the pair of them down the slip road... I promptly got razzed at about 120MPH by them as me and Nicola fell about laughing... It gets better... As we prepared to turn onto the M25 we pulled up to another set of lights and guess who:p Oh yessssss..... Same again but this time right in front of a traffic cop so no razzing this time... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Smoked by my Mums granny-wagon Punto Active!!!!:devil:

Would have been a good day anyway but cheers to you lot who made a great day... See you all soon, Luke, Sam and Nic. (y)

Cheers guys....good to see you all too!!...A great day out..Here's to all the panda guys that made it there...(y) (The Maserati went home on a low loader..:bang:..Still got to drive it there before the rad went bang) Big thanks to John and Jon..:)

Didn't spot much out of ordinary travelling home, apart from the odd Ferrari blasting past.

However on the way up got stuck behind a dozy mare in a fester :bang:

There was an accident on a junction on the A3 not long after I had come off the M25, madam didn't look at the traffic lights, she was too interested in what the Police and wombles were doing :bang:
1 parp from the wonderful Panda horn (yeah that fart in a thunderstorm :rolleyes:) though soon woke her up :D
At the next roundabout she played the 'guess where I am going' game - she really needs a sticker for her car saying 'when I grow up I want to be a BMW' :ROFLMAO:

A bit late to this thread as I've just spent the last 14 hours dead to the world. The last 50 miles home was a real battle against sleep, even coming off the motorway early to use 'A' roads didn't help, NOT :cool:, and never to be repeated. I was able to look at two lovely Pandas all the way home, I deleberately drove the worst one myself just for that reason. A big thank you to my Family for helping me get them there and making the day so much more enjoyable, it was great to share my passion with them.

Great to meet up with you guys too, second time for some :), advice and spares on hand too (y) ( Kev, Jon and Pete ). Thanks for the words of encouragement Luke, great to meet up with you, Nic, and Sam again, I couldn't wish for a better member to have living round the corner (y).

I overtook a diesel golf, a couple of lorries and a motorbike..... ;)

Yesterday was my first FF event and I really enjoyed it! Im still thinking about how nice Urchins 4x4 is! Thanks to everyone, most of your real names I have now forgotted. I had a good potter round the Alfa's and the Ferrari's. Really enjoyed the Lancia's though - Im now looking lovingly at the Y10 turbo websites thinking one day!

I took a couple of phone picture but nothing too special - here's a snap from the very end when we (names forgotten!) went up to play on the banking.

DSC00266.jpg

Cheers guys....good to see you all too!!...A great day out..Here's to all the panda guys that made it there...(y) (The Maserati went home on a low loader..:bang:..Still got to drive it there before the rad went bang) Big thanks to John and Jon..:)

Bummer about the Maserati Kev:(...

I think Sam liked the big stuff more than me; We were standing by the front door to the BARC clubhouse when someone revved a big Ferrari and about 4 infants started howling... Sam who was on my back spun round in his backpack and started issuing tuning advice!!:D Oh dear.. I think the poor boy is doomed to be a petrol head!!

On a brighter note Nics car of the show was the Abarth 850 Coupe that did so well on the test hill... Good taste is instinctive methinks. Mine (as if anyone cares) was the peachy little Abarth 695S... Some things are just so perfect they hurt!!

I did get some pics of the little white cars to be uploaded soon...

Luke. (y)

Back