General broken speedo + rev counter?

Currently reading:
General broken speedo + rev counter?

right well in the process of trying to wire in a rev counter (which i failed at) I have broken my speedo... the actual cable doesnt turn any more and can easily be pull out of the rubber wire surround... this has led me to believe that the cable has become disconnected at the other end somehow. So where is the other end as I need to check it out??? thanks

also, what do i wire a new rev counter to? i was asuming that the wiring would be the same on all unos and that there would be a connecter OR a loose wire behind the dials for rev counters etc but was never coinnected for my car as my dials dont feature one. Well, after further inspection all i can see is a large number of different coloured wires which all seem to be connected to something so im kinda stuck... any ideas?

THANKS

Uno "Fire" 999cc
Lowered 60mm Uprated Gmax shock & Spring system
Fox Evo3 15" Alloy Wheels
3" Rage Backbox
E-Tech hatch Spoiler
2x 450W 12" Custom Built Bass Box
2x Pro Audio 6x9s
Sony SPL-X 500W Amp

You Like?

opk well after lots of reading and predicting and then checking up on my theorys I have come to the conclusion that the tachometer (Rev counter) has to get its input from the ignition coil.. or more, the control unit that is on the ignition coil. Now i have been looking at photos and diagrams in Haynes and i cant seem to find anything exactly like it in my engine bay. ive found something similar but its too disimilar for me to work out where im supposed to connect the input to the tachometer..

anyone able to help..???

Uno "Fire" 999cc
3" Rage Backbox
E-Tech hatch Spoiler
2x Pro Audio 6x9s
Sony SPL-X 500W Amp

You Like?

dude , ,i remembered - the speedo cable - even though its plastic bit at the speedo is brokewn - like mine all you needto do is reconnect it at the other end theres a fittle place for it to connect to on the gear box in the engine bay

Uno 903cc
New rear shock absorbers
Standard Tiny steel wheels
Pea Shooter exhaust
4x 2W 4" Cardboard Speakers

You Like?

Hei.

Good luck with the speedo cable. It might be pretty difficult, because it is so damn tight in there. I changed some light diodes in there, and had to disconnect the speedometer cable. And it was impossible to snap it on again, because it seemed to be too short. So if you run into this kind of problem, you'll have to lie down in front of the seat and stick your arm up under the steering wheel area to snap it on. If your arm is long enough (and yes it hurts a bit) you should make it.

But then again - your car is propably set up different due to left-side-driving, an you might not encounter this at all.

But please tell, I'd like to do the rev as well.

Morten.

Abarth alloys. Inter Alloy lowering. Phoenix Gold & Kenwood audio. Abarth steering wheel. Insane Dalmatian door and seat refurnishing

Projects: K&N induction kit, racing seats, exhaust, window tinting.

wel i have just been looking for the other end of the speedo cable and well... i think ive found it BUT i cant disconnect it so im presuming ive found the wrong thing. where exactly is it?

think im gonna need a new one anyway and not just re attatch the other end...

as for rev cable, Unoboy is gonna be trying his today and hes gonna tell me how to do it if he manages heh so ill report back later

Uno "Fire" 999cc
3" Rage Backbox
E-Tech hatch Spoiler
2x Pro Audio 6x9s
Sony SPL-X 500W Amp

You Like?

i didnt get a chance to do it :S i done 99.5% of ya grill though

Uno 903cc
New rear shock absorbers