General Broken part

Currently reading:
General Broken part

tomlad2127

Hello everyone i was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this problem please? The part labelled 1 has completely snapped off on one of the screw holes and want to know if it's worth getting a new one or just leave it? I don't even have an underneath engine cover so was wondering if I need to have the engine cover to fix part 1 on to it or whether its been taken off at some point and not needed?. I got my punto last year and only been driving 2 years so I'm new to all this kind of stuff haha. I know basics but not things like whether these kind of things are needed. Loving the punto though its a great car. Hope someone can help and thankyou in advance. All the best.
Screenshot_20211125-140650_Gallery.jpg

These covers along with keeping the dust and mud out of your engine bay are designed to assist in directing the cooling air through the radiator and ducting it out again. It should all be there as designed ( they don't fit all that horrible plastic for the fun of it ! ) however if you have been using it for a year or so as it is without any overheating issues then it is your choice. Personally I would find one from a breakers and fit it, new will no doubt be prohibitive cost wise.

These covers along with keeping the dust and mud out of your engine bay are designed to assist in directing the cooling air through the radiator and ducting it out again. It should all be there as designed ( they don't fit all that horrible plastic for the fun of it ! ) however if you have been using it for a year or so as it is without any overheating issues then it is your choice. Personally I would find one from a breakers and fit it, new will no doubt be prohibitive cost wise.
Thanks for your reply and advice I will bear it in mind what you have said. Tbh I was just thinking of getting a part from a breaker like you said or new depending on cost, just for peace of mind really. If it is needed to direct the flow of air then further more I would get one fixed back on so the efficiency of the car is in working order. Thanks man much appreciated 😁

Back