General Broken into?

Currently reading:
General Broken into?

L14MNP

Hi guys.I've had my winter rounaroud 98 Seicento Sporting a couple of months now and all is pretty much well. It does the job I picked it up for no problem.

I have a couple of niggles, but nothing I really CBA to sort out.

I just noticed this morning that the bottom window seal/scraper on the drivers door is bent out at the end nearest the handle and I have two random sideways fingerprints on the glass. I haven't looked in too much detail but I'd guess someone has attempted to gain access to the door rods. A lot of ice does build up on that seal, but I doubt it has expanded and caused this. When I push the seal back the whole door skin moves with it.

Anyone had similar? Also are these things deadlocked? They may have already been inside for all I know. It will be just my luck if they took my coilover spanners and damper adjusting rod for my other car! Will have to check glovebox shelf for that.

I would assume bending the door frame back on a car like this would be the chosen method of entry for these little scrotes. :confused:

If the door seal has come off the method i use is you will need to take the door cards off and refit from the inside

It will not pop back on by pushing it back on from the outside, as once you wind the window down it will come off again

There are various methods of refitment though, this is the one i have used with success

Its up to you whether you get a new seal, with it being tampered with i would be tempted, the good news is they arent too expensive new from a fiat garage

Cheers for the reply mate.

Maybe I was unclear. The seal is still firmly attached to the door, it just bows out quite a way which is bizzare. Surely if you wanted access to the rods/handle then simply pulling this strip off would be easier.

As it happens I am 'in luck' as one of my niggles is a knackered window regulator. No prizes for guessing which side! lol

i locked my keys in my boot once and had to call out the rac and the only way he could get in was by putting a blow up bag at the top of the door and then getting a hook and hooking it on the inside door handle everything else he tryed dident work so i dout anyone got in to the car

thx andy

Yeah, that's the way I would expect anyone to try and gain access, only with a little less panache! The breakdown guy doesn't see the need th get his whole arm in and open the handle does he lol.

It's a weird one then, but I guess that answers the dead lock question!

Cheers, Liam.

the mechanism on the inside of the door iirc are covered so hooks wont work. you would have to bend the door back.

are you looking to replace the strip or bend the metal back? i dont understand what your asking lol.

ive not herd of it before.

Back