General Broken indicator stalk

Currently reading:
General Broken indicator stalk

cinqueyboy

Put my indicator on abit to hard and it snapped off,any idea what i can do i have no lights or indicators, the metal has snapped not the plasic?and the car is fiat cinq

If thats the set you have,(cinqs have either a two or three stalk arrangement and they are not directly interchangeable), then remove wheel, remove shrouds, unplug and remove broken stalks.

Refitting is reversal of removal (in good old 'haynespeak')

Cheers

SPD

yer that is the one i need on ebay,cant belive you have to change so much for one stolk are they hard to fit

cheers for that hopefully be one in scrap yard tomoz when i go down in morning

only thing to watch for is that the wheel goes back on in the same place, if you can drive the car in a straight line to where you're going to be working on it and get somene to hold the wheel still while you rag the nut off, I forgot about this when I took mine off now the 2 spokes are at the 2 and 8 positions. I'll fix it but its at the end of a very long list.

only thing to watch for is that the wheel goes back on in the same place, .

Just make a mark on the column with a centre dab, then make a mark on the wheeel at the same place.

Then all you have to do is line up the marks when you refit the wheel.

When removing the wheel, undo the nut, then put it back on a couple of turns. Pull the wheel hard, wiggle from side to side, and will come loose. The nut will stop you getting a face full of wheel.

Cheers

SPD

What a day have drove round 6scrap yards none of them had cinq or sie cars had to drive into town 20miles and get one from place,now fitted but the horn does not work the metal bits were broke on new one :( but everything else is working

Back