Technical Broken Gearbox

Currently reading:
Technical Broken Gearbox

kslafeber

Hello all,

Been a while afk on the forum I was away for business and stuff.
Well again I ended up with a big problem, fixed my previous problem tho.
Starting problem was fixed by replacing the glow sparks and with some injector cleaner.

Now I almost sure that my Gearbox died. It only goes in second and fourth gear. First it won't go in reverse then 1,2 and 5 failed too. Now what's smart to do?
Replace the parts within the Gearbox? (possible to buy those parts?), replacing the gearbox completely? Or buy an other engine... Could anyone give me a price indication of the costs... :p

Since I modified the interior of the Fiorino completely it's a bit sad to bring it to the scrapyard don't you think. I think 312.000 KMS on the clock the gearbox did well for it's time.

Greetings,

Kevin.

Kevin,
Are you sure it's the gearbox?
Often the busing in the gear lever is corroded, so it's difficult to move at the end.
Anyway, about prices for a rebuild gearbox, expect anywhere between 500 and 2000 euro's.
Parts are no problem, so ask around where you live.
The gearbox in my Fiorino was rebuilt about 9 years ago, still working fine today.

On Tuesday our gear box failed, 6 weeks after the warrenty ended.
We tried the dealer with this problem before, as you could not change down from 3rd to 2nd gear, and reverse all made crunching sound.They continued to fob us off with all manor of excusses.
Now the van is stuck in neutral! called Fiat help line twice, and still no reply. No van and no help, anyone got any ideas? please love to hear from you.:cry:

Back