British Car Auctions

Currently reading:
British Car Auctions

harm_of_will

Has anybody ever been to / bought from British Car Auctions? Especially the ones in Birmingham and Walsall.

It's where I'm hoping to buy my Punto from in the next couple of weeks, but I haven't been able to go and check the place out yet as I am living up in Sheffield normally.

Just looking for some idea of what to expect, number and range of cars, prices (especially bargain availability :p ), atmosphere etc ;) :D

Am getting very excited about buying my Punto but also worried they won't have any there that I like as I think I'm being a bit too picky, and worried I will just end up buying something different :eek:

yeh there ****, im a dealer of punto's and to be fair and honest they sell there for the same money if not more than i sell them for. Pm me what your looking for and ill let you know what comes in.

P.s if your adamant to go, green lane walsall, thursday 4pm-9pm, usually 2-3 puntos but pricy and ususally ropey.

Goodluck

harm_of_will said:
Has anybody ever been to / bought from British Car Auctions? Especially the ones in Birmingham and Walsall.

It's where I'm hoping to buy my Punto from in the next couple of weeks, but I haven't been able to go and check the place out yet as I am living up in Sheffield normally.

Just looking for some idea of what to expect, number and range of cars, prices (especially bargain availability :p ), atmosphere etc ;) :D

Am getting very excited about buying my Punto but also worried they won't have any there that I like as I think I'm being a bit too picky, and worried I will just end up buying something different :eek:

My Uno came from Manheim Auctions, Mansfield so can't comment on that business specifically. My general advice would be:

NOT to go just once but a few times to get a feel for the place, prices etc.
Consider the buyer costs
Make sure you find out as much as you can about the car you are interested in
Avoid high mileage cars
Remember that the significant majority of the cars there are on the auction for a reason.

Dave is a car auction old-timer and I am sure will extend what I have written. I paid £320 for my Uno inc. fees I believe which was a good 20% less than it was worth BUT of course the condition was poor and needed plenty of work to make it as we wanted.

yes i right, Whitworth Close, Off Heath Road , Darlaston, W. Mids its a mainheim site now.
http://www.manheimeurope.com/manheim_auctions.html

i go to there one in colchester, it has 2 halls, one is dealer and car suppermarket px's that is best hall the other side are more of cars with stuff wrong with them. dont rush into it i would surgest you go just 2 look for 2 or 3 times first to get an idea of the prices being paid up there. go about 2 hours before the auction start have good look at cars, look where pannels meet to see if they all line up propper

Fiat Wanted said:
yeh there ****, im a dealer of punto's and to be fair and honest they sell there for the same money if not more than i sell them for. Pm me what your looking for and ill let you know what comes in.

P.s if your adamant to go, green lane walsall, thursday 4pm-9pm, usually 2-3 puntos but pricy and ususally ropey.

Goodluck
last one i got was a 28000 garenteed miles t reg selecta fsh t&t £1400 i thought that was cheep

The British Car Auctions website has these addresses:

Birmingham: Hayward Industrial Estate, Langley Drive, Birmingham, B35 7AD

Walsall: Green Lane, Walsall, West Midlands, WS2 7BP

So maybe that means there are 3 now that I can go to woohoo :D

I have it all mapped out, which I am going to on what days, I will be going to as many as there are in the 2 weeks, and will be there waiting when they open the doors :eek: :p

Hmmm, must disguise my over-excited obviously newbie-ness when I get there :rolleyes:

Auctions are a risky way to buy cars - there's no chance to give the cars a good inspection or test drive. Your best bet is buying privately. There's usually loads of Puntos in the South Yorkshire Auto Trader.
Oh, and avoid Bawtry Auctions, they're well dodgy - I think they scammed me on a Daewoo that I flogged through them! :eek:

The birmingham auction i've been to and we bought cars from you can take the car back within two hours and get a refund if theres something you find wrong with it that wasnt listed in the auction :)

Is that Birmingham Car Auctions on Moseley Road that you go to black cinq?

What's it like? Any Punto's? :p

That sounds like the one yes :)

I was looking for a decent cinq for quite a while and missed a week and guess what, they had a yellow one 30000 miles :( i was gutted. But i got mine from a private dsale in the end so wasnt too bad.

Not sure about puntos i think there were one or two (there were more puntos than there were cinqs anyway) Not sure of prices as i wasnt looking for one :)

Good luck with your car shopping :)

Me again, looking for some more words of wisdom :p

Does anybody have any experience of using British Car Auctions Auction View service?

Thanks ;)

While you're down that way you might as well go have a look at the Car Supermarket type places in Cannock. My dad drives past there regularly and says they often have a line of puntos along the front for good prices. Depends what you want to spend of course but if you're looking at a later model they are worth a look :).

Back