General Breaking steering lock?

Currently reading:
General Breaking steering lock?

MiniDan

Hi guys.

I've recently broke my Mk1 Punto for spares. I've sold the key with the engine forgetting I need to get the shell onto my trailer. The way its positioned I can't put it straight up, so need to get the steering lock off. Does anyone have any ideas or tips before I go driller killer with it?

I know its not a thread you really want to put tips on for potential theives, so might be best to PM me.

Cheers guys! :)

Hi guys.

I've recently broke my Mk1 Punto for spares. I've sold the key with the engine forgetting I need to get the shell onto my trailer. The way its positioned I can't put it straight up, so need to get the steering lock off. Does anyone have any ideas or tips before I go driller killer with it?

I know its not a thread you really want to put tips on for potential theives, so might be best to PM me.

Cheers guys! :)

Angle grinder. Not many car theives going round carrying one of them with a genny lol:D

Are the wheels pointing straight? Stick a jack under the subframe and drag it round to line it up with the trailer.

take track rod ends off only 1 bolt either side and drag it on like that the wheels will be free to move to any direction the car is moving like a shopping trolley

Brin, top idea!

Can't put a jack under and move because the ground isn't flat due to poorly laid slabs. Did think of the yanking steering wheel technique but couldn't get enough leverage on it and because of the steering wheel being the one with the controls on, I can't put a bar through.

Take the column off and sell on fleabay ...
Low mileage, perfect working order, first to see will buy, no time wasters, relisted due to time waster.

Back