Breakdown / Roadside recovery

Currently reading:
Breakdown / Roadside recovery

Ffoxy

Telford's Own...
Not really a FIAT thing, but my gratis AA Recovery / Breakdown has just expired. What service do the Forum members find most cost effective?

AA
Green Flag
RAC
Other

Suggestions welcome :)

I'm with Flux breakdown although I havnt had reason to use it yet I would rather have one of the others which I will do when I renew my insurance ..I have had green flag and found the service very good ..

I have tesco breakdown, which is green flag.

£79 a year for total cover.

Called them out many times! lol Always had great services.

Top bunch of fellas.

Direct Line offer a "pay monthly" BD service.

Don't know how good they are...?

The AA offer a parts and labour service. If your car is under 10 years old or 100,000 miles and its serviced annually you can have a policy which is £79 per year.

My hubby has called on it a couple of times for £50 excess on jobs that would have cost almost £500

Worth looking into, i know it isn't exactly a 'breakdown' service but def worth the money

you lazy git, cant even be bothered to check the websites. :nono:

Now now Juggy person... I did check t'internet sites and they told me what they would do for how much, what I am after is what they actually deliver.

Surely you must know being an Alfa driver? :D

i know my AA cover is only good for the tow home, i wouldnt let people like that under my bonnet.

its like car insurance, just go with the cheapest.

Yeah I am heading that way while under warranty at the very least... :)
Just take me to a dealer buddy!

Tow home isn't always much use though - I have found my home cover useful also when it's refused to start, also tow to any UK destination (which often isn't home - might be dealer or elsewhere) and EU cover. I'm with greenflag BTW, they're great :)

I have more than insurance so get a little discount on their breakdown service - uses nearest local garage.
Only used it twice a few years back, both times on a Uno (non starter & binding brakes). Both times they sent a local garage who were there really quickly.

I've always used the AA, both when I've paid and when I've had the free one. They always roll up quick, are good generally and have always given me a free loan car for two days.

Tow home isn't always much use though - I have found my home cover useful also when it's refused to start, also tow to any UK destination (which often isn't home - might be dealer or elsewhere) and EU cover. I'm with greenflag BTW, they're great :)

Looking at Green Flag recovery Helz, which product do you use?

I've always used the AA, both when I've paid and when I've had the free one. They always roll up quick, are good generally and have always given me a free loan car for two days.

Like the sound of that, £79 for a year or £139 for 2 years from the AA.

Choices choices Swings and roundabouts... :confused:

I use Brittania Rescue as part of my CSMA membership (Civil Service Motoring Association). Haven't used them yet (furious wood touching), but it was damn cheap as it was a not for profit service. If you are or have been a member of the Civil Service then you will be able to join them (y)

Just checked. My Brittania Rescue Standard Cover costs - £45.04 per year for one vehicle. This includes attempting to repair the broken down vehicle at the side of the road, and if that is not possible the vehicle will be towed to the destination of my choice.

Very competitive price (y)

I use my dad's car and a tow rope or if im far away i use a phone. I dont realy bother paying for breakdown cover.

Back