500 Breakbeat Grey 1.3MJ Sport

Currently reading:
500 Breakbeat Grey 1.3MJ Sport

snowy500.jpg

Bought it in August with 24K on the clock, and i've put a (mostly) enjoyable 4k on it since then! I've made a few small modifications which are:

* Eibach Pro-Kit springs
* Team Heko wind deflectors
* Stubby 'OEM-style' aeriel
* FIAT Sport pedal cover
* PIAA DRL bulbs
* Osram Nightbreaker Plus dipped beam bulbs

I'll update this more later and take some better pics when it's clean! :)

Looks good!

Before you scare any 'winter' drivers on the forum, can you confirm if it is fitted with winter tires?

How do you find the Osrams?

Looks good!

Before you scare any 'winter' drivers on the forum, can you confirm if it is fitted with winter tires?

How do you find the Osrams?

It doesn't have winter tyres, it's got Conti Contact Sport 2's fitted all round with about 6mm of tread and I've had no issues with them in the ice/snow so far. I would consider winter tyres for next year if I pick up a set of 16" multispokes to run through the summer, but otherwise I wouldn't go to the expense of buying a set of 4 steel wheels - winter tyres aren't going to prevent people from crashing unfortunately, you still need to adapt your driving to the conditions.

The Osrams are very good! They light up the road much better than the standard items due to being a bit brighter, and having a different beam pattern (not sure if that is the correct terminology :yum:). I picked them up for about £15 on eBay I think, worth the money IMO and easy to fit!

It doesn't have winter tyres, it's got Conti Contact Sport 2's fitted all round with about 6mm of tread and I've had no issues with them in the ice/snow so far. I would consider winter tyres for next year if I pick up a set of 16" multispokes to run through the summer, but otherwise I wouldn't go to the expense of buying a set of 4 steel wheels - winter tyres aren't going to prevent people from crashing unfortunately, you still need to adapt your driving to the conditions.

The Osrams are very good! They light up the road much better than the standard items due to being a bit brighter, and having a different beam pattern (not sure if that is the correct terminology :yum:). I picked them up for about £15 on eBay I think, worth the money IMO and easy to fit!

It's looks well Turtle.(y) It's nice to see a different set of alloys and the 9 U-spoke give it a bit of man stance.
I somehow had thought that you managed to 'secure' those multispokes that were advertised a few weeks back on the FF - someone else must have just 'edged' you out of it.
Are you considering a set of winters possibly next year on the U-spokes given the number on here who decided to hub cap the 'bad ass' look ?
If you were looking for a cheap set in 15x175/55 (might look better but poor choice) or 15x175/60 (more plentiful and virtually the same price as the 14x175/65) you might be the guy to 'set the precedence' since the 15x185/55 are a bit too pricey.
I take it given the 'snow' on the ground (we only had ice last night - a minus 2 deg) you must in the UK or in NI.

It's looks well Turtle.(y) It's nice to see a different set of alloys and the 9 U-spoke give it a bit of man stance.
I somehow had thought that you managed to 'secure' those multispokes that were advertised a few weeks back on the FF - someone else must have just 'edged' you out of it.
Are you considering a set of winters possibly next year on the U-spokes given the number on here who decided to hub cap the 'bad ass' look ?
If you were looking for a cheap set in 15x175/55 (might look better but poor choice) or 15x175/60 (more plentiful and virtually the same price as the 14x175/65) you might be the guy to 'set the precedence' since the 15x185/55 are a bit too pricey.
I take it given the 'snow' on the ground (we only had ice last night - a minus 2 deg) you must in the UK or in NI.

Thank you! I didn't manage to low-ball those 16"s unfortunately, not sure if anyone else got them! If I do get a set I would love to try out the Verd. Snowtrac 3's on the current 15"s next winter as i've never had a proper set of winter tyres before. They don't seem to be available in 175/60/15 (i've only had a quick look on Camskill) but they are about £80 a corner in 185/55/15. There's a few good tyre places local to me that may be able to do a discount when buying all 4, would need to wait until nearer the time!

I'm in Scotland, but unfortunately a Union Jack in Scotland is as culturally neutral as a Confederate flag in Alabama, so I'd rather fly the green, white and gold :)

Last edited:
Thank you! I didn't manage to low-ball those 16"s unfortunately, not sure if anyone else got them! If I do get a set I would love to try out the Verd. Snowtrac 3's on the current 15"s next winter as i've never had a proper set of winter tyres before. They don't seem to be available in 175/60/15 (i've only had a quick look on Camskill) but they are about £80 a corner in 185/55/15. There's a few good tyre places local to me that may be able to do a discount when buying all 4, would need to wait until nearer the time!

I'm in Scotland, but unfortunately a Union Jack in Scotland is as culturally neutral as a Confederate flag in Alabama, so I'd rather fly the green, white and gold :)

http://lovetyres.com/search/tyres/175-60-15/season/Winter

I posted this on the Winter thread but the Ultragrip 8 and the TS800 are reported to be better tyre than the Snowtrac in the 15 inch. Can't be got at the moment (on back order) but according to Camskill & Lovetyres Contis hard to come by but it's possible you might get the Ultra 8 - both tyres are of a newer release. Get the feeling that Europe got the lions share and that the UK & Ireland get the left overs. It would be down to getting an Expert opinion that these tyres are acceptable for the insurance guys.

http://lovetyres.com/search/tyres/175-60-15/season/Winter

I posted this on the Winter thread but the Ultragrip 8 and the TS800 are reported to be better tyre than the Snowtrac in the 15 inch. Can't be got at the moment (on back order) but according to Camskill & Lovetyres Contis hard to come by but it's possible you might get the Ultra 8 - both tyres are of a newer release. Get the feeling that Europe got the lions share and that the UK & Ireland get the left overs. It would be down to getting an Expert opinion that these tyres are acceptable for the insurance guys.

The Goodyear Ultragrip 8's certainly get great reviews! I think if I can get multispokes sorted early next year i'd be tempted to buy the winter tyres during the summer when they probably wont be sold out everywhere. At £240 + fitting they're not cheap! If I could get 4 Ultragrip 8's for closer to £200 i'd be much more likely to take the plunge and buy a set.

The Goodyear Ultragrip 8's certainly get great reviews! I think if I can get multispokes sorted early next year i'd be tempted to buy the winter tyres during the summer when they probably wont be sold out everywhere. At £240 + fitting they're not cheap! If I could get 4 Ultragrip 8's for closer to £200 i'd be much more likely to take the plunge and buy a set.

This was the thread on the availabilty that was there about 3 weeks ago and the issue I had with opting for a different profile (Click here). The Abarth factor was what brought the issue to a head. If you were looking to fit chains the 15x185/55 may not take them but it may be possible with the 175/55 or the 175/60 -> they might be where you could get the 'go ahead' so saving £60 odd as against £80 odd per tyre.

Can't see how to edit my original post, so will settle for a new reply. When I got the car, I wanted to give the paintwork some protection for the approaching winter, so shortly after picking it up, I:

* Washed the car using Megs Gold Class (2 bucked method)
* Cleaned the paintwork using a Sonus SFX ultra-fine clay bar and Sonus Glyde as lube (There wasn't a lot of contamination but it left the paintwork feeling as smooth as glass)
* Hand polished using Sonus SFX-1 and 3 (no visible defects, so hand polish was sufficient)
* Applied 2 coats of Collinite 476S (which after 4 months is still beading water really well, and makes the car a doddle to wash! :))

Boring update but will post some better pics tomorrow when it's washed, weather permitting.

Last edited:
Looks really nice :D
Done pretty much everything i've wanted to do to mine

One question - the stubby aerial - can i ask where it's from - i got one from eBaythat turns out to be the same as the one on my Pug 206 but on the 500 it doesn't seem to sit 'flush' where it joins the base :(

Looks really nice :D
Done pretty much everything i've wanted to do to mine

One question - the stubby aerial - can i ask where it's from - i got one from eBaythat turns out to be the same as the one on my Pug 206 but on the 500 it doesn't seem to sit 'flush' where it joins the base :(

I got it from eBay! To be honest it's not great, the reception doesn't seem any better than with no aeriel at all. If I listened to the radio a lot i'd consider going back to a full-sized one, but the majority of the time I have the iPod on!

I'll take a few close-up pics of it for you, I don't think it fits flush from memory but it looks "right".

I got it from eBay! To be honest it's not great, the reception doesn't seem any better than with no aeriel at all. If I listened to the radio a lot i'd consider going back to a full-sized one, but the majority of the time I have the iPod on!

I'll take a few close-up pics of it for you, I don't think it fits flush from memory but it looks "right".

I have my car without the antenna at all (its in the side panel pocket in the drivers door if i ever change my mind). I can listen to the radio pretty decently especially like FM (who listens to MW and AM???). But as you said iphone please! I dont want to listen to advertisements and endless radio 'chat'. Music of my choice please = )

I have my car without the antenna at all (its in the side panel pocket in the drivers door if i ever change my mind). I can listen to the radio pretty decently especially like FM (who listens to MW and AM???). But as you said iphone please! I dont want to listen to advertisements and endless radio 'chat'. Music of my choice please = )
I wanna buy a shorter antenna too! I always listen to the radio in the morning and then i leave my usb to do the rest :p Ahmett.... its normal to not listen to the radio because you don't understand a word of what they are saying :p lol

I wanna buy a shorter antenna too! I always listen to the radio in the morning and then i leave my usb to do the rest :p Ahmett.... its normal to not listen to the radio because you don't understand a word of what they are saying :p lol

I understand greek, but the talkshow people are really annoying because they always pretend flirt gossip about pointless things and have 100000 advertisements between each songs. The only one i dont mind is Best 92.6. At night things get better because the annoying dj's are all sleeping, and they play better music. = ) If i want the news i have the internet!

Back