General Breakage glove drawer handle

Currently reading:
General Breakage glove drawer handle

Nicolino78

Hello everyone, something unusual happened to me yesterday, I had to take my sunglasses in the storage drawer of my point 1.2 8v of 2002, but when I tried to “pull” the handle that allows the storage drawer to be opened, this was as if it were locked, which I tried a second time with more force and unfortunately the handle broke.
Excuse me for my bad English 😅

This is usually due to the spring being broken at the bottom right/left handside corner of the glovebox. Same thing happened to me, unfortunately, the handle is a built in mechanism so if you broke the handle off, you may have potentially broken the plastic arm that moves the mechanism to open the glovebox.

To remove the glovebox, you need to push those two springs in within the inside of the glovebox (if i recall correctly) and to do so you need the glovebox open. To open it I think you need to break it. I can't actually remember how I removed it but its being held in with a plastic tip at the top middle of the glovebox.

To fix it, it weren't worth it in my opinion so I purchased a used one online.

The reason it breaks is usually because of things getting caught in the springs. They made the springs open so you can remove the glovebox easier, but didn't predict the issue of things getting stuck to the clips causing the clips to break over time if force is used.

Back