Technical Bravo Wont Start

Currently reading:
Technical Bravo Wont Start

saggiemaggie7

Hi new guys say first post for me :)

baught a fiat bravo the other day its a 1.8 hlx however it wont start :( the waterpump was originally damges so i have now replaced that done a bit of investigating as to hy it wont start and for some reason its not sparking i have had a test lamp on the coil pack lead and they are all getting live tried putting new plugs in still the same problem what could be causing the plugs not to sprak any help will be greatly appreciated

Hi new guys say first post for me :)

baught a fiat bravo the other day its a 1.8 hlx however it wont start :( the waterpump was originally damges so i have now replaced that done a bit of investigating as to hy it wont start and for some reason its not sparking i have had a test lamp on the coil pack lead and they are all getting live tried putting new plugs in still the same problem what could be causing the plugs not to sprak any help will be greatly appreciated

could poss be dodgey ht leads but i be supprised if all 4 was faulty

Can we assume you timed it all up correctly afterwards? as the pump is drivne by the back of the belt. To what extent did you take the side apart? i.e. whole belt off?

hi guys thankyou for your replys

yes i am confident timing is correct i removed the belt fully retimed and then replaced the belt then once together i turned the engine several times to make sure it as right i think it mat be the ignition module/amplifier

Can This Prevent The Spark From Working i checked the ignition coil plugs and it has 3 wires in it 1 i s live 1 is earth and the other runs from the ignition module i have tried to see if it goes live and it doesnt i have tried it with ignition of ignition on and whilt trying to start the car and it never becomes live hich is making me think maybe the ignition module is not working does that make any sense?

Back