General Bravo speed sensor

Currently reading:
General Bravo speed sensor

dozydozer

Hello eveyone...
I am just going to fit a vdo dayton cd/tuner and I was wondering if anyone can help with the speed sensor wire.
What i have found so far is that in the manual it shows a connection to the factory fitted radio for the vss, but it doesn't state the colour of the wire.
The radio fitted at the moment is a kenwood that hasn't got sdvc so, since the last owners have taken off the standard plug I am left with a few unidentified wires.
Most of these have been traced (Live, Earth Acc, Lights, etc), but the only one left is a thin grey/orange wire which I can't trace because it disappears into the loom.
Another forum told of a red/grey vss wire coming out of the instrument panel and I'm hoping that this wire I have left could be the one I'm looking for.
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Dozydozer

the last owners have taken off the standard plug

why on earth do people chop the plug off! :mad:
such a shame because i can confirm that connector A pin 1 is for the "SCV signal" (aka sdvc)

so we need to look at a wiring diagram to see what the grey/orange wire is for. unfortunately i dont have my haynes manual at work so i cant see a wiring diagram, but i'd say its a fairly safe bat that the grey/orange wire is the one you need.

Thanks for that Jug..
I've had a look in the Haynes manual, but I can't find any reference to my orange/grey wire !!!
I also looked in the Bravo manual and Pin A1 is there just like you said, unfortunately it doesnt mention any colours.
I wonder if the fact that it's a very thin wire points to the fact that it may be a sensor wire after all (I get nothing on a 12v tester with ignition on or off).

Damn those plug chopper offers !

Regards
Dozydozer

Back