Styling bravo skirts

Currently reading:
Styling bravo skirts

i know you need to modify the original fiat hgt skirts to fit a non-hgt bravo, but why exactly do you need to modify the standard skirts? and what needs to be modified? from looking at the differences all i can tell is the hgt front wings look like they might stick out a bit more, but im not sure.

ah that explains it. so i guess you could do a full front end conversion with bumper and wings, probably have to modify the bumper mounts but i dont see why it wouldnt work.

i want some hot skirts on mine.. some guy is driving round crewe with some lush ones and abrath badges on them.. if i was a violent person, id do him and nick em.. but i dont condolne violence of feeving..

i'll just buy a full kit from ebay and have helz paint it for me hahahahahah :p

probably the abarth skirts then? kind of flare up at the back like a triangle. i dont like them but the choices are very limited with bravo skirts so i wouldnt complain if i had to have some on mine, id rather have hgt skirts tho, they look more modern and less chav.

i wouldnt recommend getting a kit off ebay if its fibreglass, you know all those boy racer cars with cracked bodykits and peeling paint, thats fibreglass, its brittle and weak, and very cheap & nasty. it wont last long, its so crap you have to fit the bodykit before you paint it or the paint will crack. plastic is the only sensible choice, not cheap but you usually get what you pay for in life

i've noticed a lot of ebay adverts describe their fibreglass as grp to confuse people, grp is glass reinforced plastic, or fibreglass to everyone else. only buy real plastic, also called abs plastic.

Last edited:
@ Jug
So absmotosport is what u call plastic ?
I want to buy a set too but i dont know the dirty details .
Can u please explain more ? :worship:

if you mean http://www.absmotorsport.com/ who provide bodykits for minis then no they use fibreglass, i quote from their website-

"offering design and manufacturing of lightweight grp products"
"range of quality fibre products"

evidence that they sell cheap junk that costs pennys to make. have you ever seen how easy it is to make a fibreglass bumper from a mould, very easy, very cheap, very very nasty.

next time you see a spotty kid in a fibreglass corsa ask him how often he's had his front bumper repaired, its usually 2/3 times a year. either that or the car will look like a wreck and have bits hanging off. fibreglass bodykits need constant attention repairing cracks, stonechips, peeling paint. obviously quality varies, and how well the kit is fitted can make a difference. if you can find a bumper that is made with 3 layers of a decent weave mat then it may last longer, but to make it strong enough to last it will have to weight a tonne. fibreglass just isnt good enough for cars IMO, why do you think manufacturers use plastic? if fibreglass would do the job they would all use it because it is a lot cheaper to manufacture. the last production car to actually use fibreglass for bodywork was the citroen AX, and that was top quality fibreglass, but they still didnt use it for much of the car, the bumpers were still plastic.

Last edited:
Back