Technical Bravo Rear Bearing

Currently reading:
Technical Bravo Rear Bearing

tom123

Hi,

My 1.2 Bravo (2001, non-ABS) has failed it's MOT due to the rear bearing being worn. I've been told conflicting stories on how it needs to be replaced. I've been told by Fiat that I need to replace the whole rear suspension arm as the bearing cannot be replaced on it's own. The rear arm is very expensive at £167 from Shop 4 Parts.

At the same time I've been told that I can replace just the bearing from a mechanic. I've found a bearing kit on Shop 4 Parts, will this fit? If so, how difficult is it? Is there a guide?

Apologies, I cannot link to the parts I am talking about, as I must have at least 5 posts before I can post links! :bang:

Thanks!

Hi Dave,

Thanks for that. Can I ask is this the correct item shop4parts. co . uk/?name=store&op=Details&ProdID=897&sku=2831?

Last edited:
yes Adrian, I'm sorry to say your wrong :D on my brava 1.2 SX ABS is optional from the factory and on my bravo 1.2 trofeo ABS is fitted as standard.

what exactly does it say on the mot test paper? if its the wheel bearing you might be able to get away with them if you have some mechanical knowladge, my rear wheel bearing started to seize up due to age so i stripped them down and re-packed them with grease and refitted, and bobs your uncle they was like new at the cost of next to nothing other then time.

if it is that bearing kit you posted then i have little experiance with it other then once i had a rear axle from a coupe 20vt and i had a small attempt at removing the large pin hilding the trailing arm on and i couldnt budge it, but couldnt find my copper mallet or something to use as a large punch, both of which would of helped.

good luck mate

Back