Bravo JTD - Loss of power

Currently reading:
Bravo JTD - Loss of power

B

Ben

Hello,

Well...I was on the way to London on Sunday in the very heavy rain, and all of a sudden i'd put my foot down and nothin would happen for about 5 (maybe more) seconds, it did this in all gears. Then on Monday and today I drove it, and there was just an obvious lack of power in all gears. Any ideas what this could be?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

sounds like ur MAF sensor has gone...

if ur in the midlands.... then i'd suggest goign to see Nige.. and letting him have a look.

Does it kinda loose its pull at around 3k revs?

You have power from 2k -to- 3k, then it kinda struggls???

That's about right mate, yeah. Fifth gear's ok until about 90, then it struggles. Fourth's ok until around 60 etc. Any ideas on the cost?

MAF sensor guaranteed!!!
Crappy Bosch unit used on all JTD's, VAG engines and a lot more, all prone to failure.

Its a MAF sensor then bud... just like mine and lozz had go... go see Nige.. cross his palm with £420ish... and u'll unleash a monster!!

Is urs an euro 2 or 3...

100JTD or 105JTD basically...

if its the 100JTD then.. grrrr!!! u can get a 170 map :(

trust me.. its soooo worth it!

It's the 105jtd mate. So would it be 120 ish for the MAF sensor? Might get the re-map done in the next couple of months!!!!

where? where in eBay? I was looking for it but didn't find. Which reference should I use to search for a MAF for my 105JTD?

Txs!